Anyone Work for Ameri-life?

Amerilife has a captive side and than there is Amerilife Marketing Group. The people who do not know what they are talking about Angel and most others classify it all the same because they know no better. I am sure if you are working with Amerilife Marketing Group you are as independent as anyone else and are with the highest Medicare contracts available with proof of production.

I would not recommend the captive side, but the INDEPENDENT side is the same as most.

Go back to page 30 on this thread and read the posts from the INDEPENDENTS and tell them they don't know what they are talking about, Taz.

Im not recommending them anymore than I am not. Ive spent a lot of time talking with different MGA's/FMO's, I just didnt see anything more or less with AL than with most others, but then Ive never worked with them. I take people for their word until they prove otherwise, but considering all the neg feedback already heard Ive already moved on.

Well forming any opinion for any company is not an easy job. For which going through the companies track record & market research does helps a lot in finding out many crucial details.

Im not recommending them anymore than I am not. Ive spent a lot of time talking with different MGA's/FMO's, I just didnt see anything more or less with AL than with most others, but then Ive never worked with them. I take people for their word until they prove otherwise, but considering all the neg feedback already heard Ive already moved on.

Rest assured, they are crooks. They will slip-sheet your commission schedule, meaning they offer X%, and then when your contract goes through their office, they substitute a the lower Y% commission schedule, and you don't realize what has happened until you've placed business. In cases where the insurance company pays the commissions to Amerilife, and Amerilife is supposed to pass the agent's share on to the agent (retaining their override), Amerilife WILL NOT PAY YOU ONE PENNY. They literally keep it all, and the only way to collect is to go to court -- and no, they won't settle out of court. And since the typical commissions earned before you figure out they aren't going to pay you are less than $5000, you can't afford to hire a lawyer and make multiple trips to Florida to prosecute your lawsuit. They are disgusting thieves. Even if one deal happens to work the way it should, don't think they won't rip you a new one on another deal. They will never release a contract, either. So, if you want to sell for the same insurance company, just through a reputable NMO, it ain't going to happen. If you contract with or through Amerilife after reading the accounts on this site, you are a total dumb ass and deserve every ounce of pain you receive. There are tons of other marketers out there, use one of them.

Last edited:
Rest assured, they are crooks. They will slip-sheet your commission schedule, meaning they offer X%, and then when your contract goes through their office, they substitute a the lower Y% commission schedule, and you don't realize what has happened until you've placed business. In cases where the insurance company pays the commissions to Amerilife, and Amerilife is supposed to pass the agent's share on to the agent (retaining their override), Amerilife WILL NOT PAY YOU ONE PENNY. They literally keep it all, and the only way to collect is to go to court -- and no, they won't settle out of court. And since the typically commissions earned before you figure out they aren't going to pay you are less than $5000, you can't afford to hire a lawyer and make multiple trips to Florida to prosecute your lawsuit. They are disgusting thieves. Even if one deal happens to work the way it should, don't think they won't rip you a new one on another deal. They will never release a contract, either. So, if you want to see for the same insurance company, just through a reputable NMO, it ain't going to happen. If you contract with or through Amerilife after reading the accounts on this site, you are a total dumb ass and deserve every ounce of pain you receive. There are tons of other marketers out there, use one of them.

Yup, you know Amerilife. Sounds like you learned the hard way, too, as did I.

Glad you are away from them and that you are willing to help new agents steer clear of Amerilies so as not to waste precious time. In the end, it is all we have. Thank you and thanks again to the OP.

I just wish their telemarketers would understand me when I say "place me on your do not call list." I get endless solicitations.

Took quite a while for them to stop calling me, too, believe it or not!

Since you can't do what I did, I will advise you to tell the telemarketers to google Amerilife so they know what kind of company they are soliciting for. They already know, of course.

CLEARWATER, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AmeriLife Group (“AmeriLife” or the “Company”), the nation’s premier independent distributor of annuity, life and health insurance products focused on serving the senior market, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by J.C. Flowers & Co. LLC (“J.C. Flowers”), a leading private investment firm dedicated to investing in the global financial services industry, from Reservoir Capital Group and Black Diamond Capital Partners. The Company’s management has agreed to reinvest a significant portion of their proceeds alongside J.C. Flowers. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

“We are excited to partner with J.C. Flowers and access the firm’s specialized knowledge and deep relationships in the financial services world”

AmeriLife develops annuity, life and health insurance products in partnership with its insurance carrier partners and markets these products through its multi-channel distribution network, which includes a career distribution system and over 100,000 independent agents. AmeriLife’s insurance distribution platform, along with its third party administration business, generated over $1.5 billion in premiums during 2014 on behalf of its more than 75 insurance carrier partners.

“We are excited to partner with J.C. Flowers and access the firm’s specialized knowledge and deep relationships in the financial services world,” said Timothy O. North, Chief Executive Officer of AmeriLife. “J.C. Flowers has a strong track record of adding considerable value to its financial enterprises, and we believe that will translate into substantial benefits for our agents and their customers. As partners of J.C. Flowers in AmeriLife, Gary Jenkins and I are looking forward to investing in the Company.”

The saga continues...

Back