Are there any FE plans that pay dividends?

What do you believe FE is?
Now ask for a solid a definition of FE. Both product and market.

I _think_ most "FE" polices the answer is going to be no. However, for a standard(ish) prospect you could use a small face non med participating whole life such as Assurity.

Or is that just for fully underwritten permanent policies?

In a box or a can. (Casket or an urn.)

FE is just to insure the hole in the ground doesn't create a hole in the familie's pocket. It is nothing more than a check for the face amount to the beni to pay cost.

If you up sell FE on additional benefits to the average prospect, you will create confusion and indecisiveness. This will not only most likely cost you business, but may put your prospect at risk by leaving them without coverage.

To put it another way, this product should be almost fully sold on an emotional needs basis, not a technically functioning one.

Don't put your own business at risk by focusing on none essentials.

Keep asking questions though, it's how we sale it's how we learn. :yes:

FE is just to insure the hole in the ground doesn't create a hole in the familie's pocket. It is nothing more than a check for the face amount to the beni to pay cost.

If you up sell FE on additional benefits to the average prospect, you will create confusion and indecisiveness. This will not only most likely cost you business, but may put your prospect at risk by leaving them without coverage.

To put it another way, this product should be almost fully sold on an emotional needs basis, not a technically functioning one.

In a box or In a can.
Underground I am.

You are overthinking it on Fe policies. This is a death benefit only for the most part if they offer dividends or paid up additions great but most in this market will be just confused enough to not pull the trigger if you get that far into the weeds with them.

I don’t sell participating policies in the FE or debit market. But you don’t have to be confusing to sell the added benefit of participating. In a previous century when I was with MetLife, we had a participating whole life product that used PUA riders as a tax advantaged savings vehicle. But for less sophisticated clients, I sold it as an increasing death benefit for an inflation hedge. It doesn’t have to go into the weeds. Even the most unsophisticated among us understand about inflation, regardless of what Joy Reid thinks.

I don’t sell participating policies in the FE or debit market. But you don’t have to be confusing to sell the added benefit of participating. In a previous century when I was with MetLife, we had a participating whole life product that used PUA riders as a tax advantaged savings vehicle. But for less sophisticated clients, I sold it as an increasing death benefit for an inflation hedge. It doesn’t have to go into the weeds. Even the most unsophisticated among us understand about inflation, regardless of what Joy Reid thinks.

So agree with what you said.

It's most often not the product or the additional bells and whistles, it's the how it is presented that creates the mess.

Funny to me that so many newer agents think its the product knowledge that helps sale a case, when IMHO it is simplifying the product and reducing the choices. I feel my job is more about shrinking things down rather than building them up.

Back