As a "side hustle"?

I did as well only I did give up[ my full-time gig and got a job working nights and weekends as to have days available to work the Insurance,

I would think it near impossible to do while working days Unless OP is talking life insurance may have more flexibility on hours
There's more than I realized. Already it's up to 4. Yes, it would be harder to do with a day job, unless you got off early enough to run a couple of evening appointments. :yes:

IMO, the role of the insurance agent is changing. Cold calling isn't dead, but it's much more difficult. Direct Mail is becoming very expensive and takes a decent amount of time and money to start before you start getting results.

Content Marketing, however, is way cheaper. It takes about 6m to get it pumping, but that works for a PT agent; provided they're able to put in the work, it's cheaper and will market for quite awhile for them.

There are some guys online that do affiliate marketing videos on Youtube, The Income School. If you substitute leads for affiliate marketing, you can definitely use their process to drive traffic. Also, basic Local SEO works much faster.

Being completely transparent here:
For my website, I spend roughly 10-15 hours a week on content and revisions.

Monthly spend

I spend 7.99
7.99 for Wordpress plugins
47.99 for customer facing quote tool
18 for live chat
41.66 for the scholarship I offer
9.99 for local citation database listing with Moz

Total 133.62 a month.

So, for the cost of 2 weeks DM and 6m, I can have a a fully functional website that pulls traffic to me.

I can afford to wait.
Hi Travis,

This monthly breakdown you just explained. Is that just a website you put together that does all this work for you and you just reply to leads as they come??

Hi Travis,

This monthly breakdown you just explained. Is that just a website you put together that does all this work for you and you just reply to leads as they come??

In a very simplified version, yes. In reality, it’s a lot of time writing and researching and leads do not come in overnight. It takes a solid 6 months of activity to make anything happen. Furthermore, the first three months your going to feel like you’re writing for nothing.

Go to Youtube and look up The Income School.

That’s why I’m okay being part time right now.

In a very simplified version, yes. In reality, it’s a lot of time writing and researching and leads do not come in overnight. It takes a solid 6 months of activity to make anything happen. Furthermore, the first three months your going to feel like you’re writing for nothing.

Go to Youtube and look up The Income School.

That’s why I’m okay being part time right now.
Niiiice. Im going to check that out right now. Thank you
. I love being an agent but enjoy my full time gig as well. And guess what, I write apps on my coworkers all the time. Just submitted one today While at work.. Multitasking... lol

Some agents might think my approach is lazy or I’m an order taker. However, it earns commissions the same and I even think they spend the same too...

Hello, all. I am interested in learning about sales avenues that would work as a scalable side hustle.

I am 30 with a family and a day-job.

I started doing some web design on the side, but I really want to get away from that for a number of reasons.

I think we might be the same person lol. I've worked in the web dev/digital marketing space for eight years and I am sick of it. I want to be my owe boss and I think selling insurance sounds pretty appealing. Plus, I can see my background being helpful.

I live in a pretty wealthy area (North part of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex) and I am researching selling life insurance. You might have already mentioned but do you know what type of insurance you want to sell? I would also have to start out part time but have spent every year of my career doing freelance work on nights/evenings so the time commitment wouldn't be a shock.

Have you done any type of selling before? Even if you aren't going door to door, getting a repeated "no" on the phone takes awhile to get used to. You probably have thought about this, but it will be really important to lean actual sales and not just info about insurance.

Naturally there are some folks who could make anything work, whether part time or full time. They are just good at what they do.

My mentor told me when I first started in insurance "this is the best full time career, but the worst part time one".

She was probably saying that to make we work full time :)

I have seen a number of agents come and go, most of the part time ones that I have dealt with don't make it, they wash out pretty quickly.

To me, the costs of being in this business make a part time option prohibitive.

i saw a post from an fe imo awhile back in which he talked about having a number of firemen successfully doing fe part time.

images

3392a1fda84a2a8e22f10782ee9652c2.jpg

SEO campaign for an online boutique selling women's underwear.

Quite a few agents here wear ladies underwear. You might have stumbled into a new market.

One of the biggest challenges is your free time may not jive with your prospect. Depending on the KIND of insurance and your client demographics, your free time may be when they are working, playing golf, taking naps or fooling around with the spouse.

Latest posts

Back