Assurant Submission

I agree with the phone and the car, and I don't even have a tv!, but a good computer is worth spending money on. The only things that I think are worth spending a lot of money on are Shoes, mattresses and computers.

You forgot women my friend.

My wife and I have a favorite wine - Piesporter Kabinett. If I served it to 99% of the population and said it's a rare $1,000 bottle of wine they'd say "wow....now we know why it's so expensive!" Yeah....it's $7.99 at our local liquor store.

HAHA

It was either Dateline or 20/20 that ran a taste test on Vodka. They had the participants attempt to tell which was Grey Goose and which was some cheap Vodka. I believe that only one out of the 6 tasters was able to discern any difference in taste. The same thing could be done with bottled water. One brand, I forget which one, states on their label that the water comes from Municipal Water System of Larchmont, NY (now that is honesty). Golly, I will just settle for the good old Schuylkill River cocktail that comes out of the spigot. It's a lot cheaper!;)

I bartended for years. You can obviously tell really cheap crappy wine. But you hit a price where it doesn't make much of a difference - just personal preference. You might tell the different between a $10 and $200 bottle of wine. But you ain't telling the difference between a $40 and $200 bottle of wine.

Ironically, most people would hate the more expensive wines. They normally have a wider variety of subtle flavors and if you don't have the right pallet it comes off as bitter - especially red wine. "Cheap" wine doesn't have all those subtle "tones" and can come off as smooth.

Starbucks coffe would be an example. It's expensive because it's rich in flavor but a lot of people translate that into "harsh" or bitter taste. Maxwell House is cheap crap but it's smooth.

Back