Assurant Submission

Getting back on track . . .

Submitted 2 apps via software to EASE on Tuesday. One approved today, the other is going into the APS black hole. I figure it will come out in about a month if I am lucky.

Call the client, ask them to have the doctor fax the records. I'm 90% with that system. I'm also tracking about $750,000 in personal production this year with only 2 APS's. You seem to get a lot but it could also be state-specific.

I agree with the phone and the car, and I don't even have a tv!, but a good computer is worth spending money on. The only things that I think are worth spending a lot of money on are Shoes, mattresses and computers.

I agree! I bought a new laptop Tuesday...

AMD Turion Dual Core Precessor
1 Gig of Ram
100GB HD
CD/DVD Read/Write
Windows Vista
15.4' viewable screen
Win Vista Premium
Free Printer

$499.99 at Best Buy

Lately (within this new year), I've had trouble with Assurant taking a really long time on apps. They also seem to request APS more often than I ever remember. I have on in underwriting that has been there for over 30 days. The client bought short term from me so she'd have coverage while they drag their feet. One explanation I got was that when they request APS, they've now shipped that activity out to a 3rd party operation & that entity asks the doctor via SNAIL MAIL for the records. Then, the doctor sometimes asks for payment to ship the records. In this case the payment for an application submitted on February 29, was shipped to the doc on 3/21. Doctor would not ship records until payment was received.

I know that I'll stay far away from Assurant if this continues to be the case. It wasn't like this for the apps I did last year - even if they required a physician statement. It's really bad & underwriting doesn't seem to care at all about assisting you with getting things through.

Awful all the way around.

Back