Assurant??

NCnatwidagent

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm mainly a life agent but I can offer my clients IM health coverage. Since I'm captive, I have to go with who my company has to offer.
Up to now, its been Assurant health. I've sold quite a few of the Right Start PPO plans just because it fit well with the clients that I had.
Now, it seems that Assurant has really cut back on what is offered here in NC! I can't even write a stand alone policy on anyone younger than 19. I'm sure that some of these changes come as no surprise to the veteran full time health guys but it kind of set me back.
Anyway, can anyone suggest a good company to go with for basically IM health plans and maybe some small group? I'm sure my primary agent will give me the go ahead.
Thanks!

Well, if you have a bunch of clients with Right Start, at least you will have a long list of clients to write better policies on. United Health One and BCBSNC are probably the two most competitive. You'd have to go through a licensed GA for BCBSNC though as far as I know. Humana might also be competitive in some areas.

For the life of me I don't know why anyone would sell the Right Start plans. You definitely aren't doing your client any favors.

I have run into a fair amount of Right Start plans over the years.

Almost all sold by State Farm agents . . .

Back