Assurant??

Finally, a thread in which I can agree with everything. State Farm agents have screwed up the health insurance business for a lot of us. Wish we could do the same for their P&C business.

Assurant's Core Med rocks. One Deductible is overpriced in many markets, but an excellent plan.

Actually they are both on the same chassis. One Deductible was modified to make it HSA compliant.

Assurant sees its future with these 2 plans (plus that Clarity crap thing).

Because it is not HSA qualified, Core Med can provide substantially higher deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums when needed.

Fill the gap with CI, Acc, etc. - that's their new approach.

The kicker is - when the Exchange plans kick in in 2014* the Core Med plans probably will not be compliant but One Deductible will. That's because the "Bronze" level plans are effectively HSA qualified plans at a minimum level. Thus, Core Med would not pass muster as minimum level Gov't approved plans.

Right Start is no longer available for sale in any state to the best of my knowledge. Same for Save Right.

I can eat Core Med for lunch without hesitating.

Amen. I had a client once that wanted a CoreMed like nothing else and I couldn't bring myself to do it. With no MHIP option down here, it's just unpalatable. Very easy to replace, as I remember - one glance at an Rx formulary did the trick.

Assurant is garbage. I sell them but am not a captive agent. That company is a scam. They never pay their claims, and they never pay their agents. Plus they have some serious nutballs working support over there. . Overall, company is no good. Sell something else.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh and for all those state farm agents out there....I love stealing your business ( ; The worst part about those agents is they can't even explain their own plans to clients. Every time I get a client post-state-farm-tainted, they can't believe how easily I can explain what their previous agent screwed up trying to sell. Then I put them with Cigna. Haha. Stop trying to sell healthy consumers that health access bs. That's just crooked and wrong. At the end of the day I can honestly say that I feel good about what I did for my client, but State Farm , I doubt, can say the same...like a good neighbor, state farm will put your with a limited benefit plan that won't cover sh&t and then screw you over when you have to get a real plan but you have a preexisting condition now...
*Can* ahha I CAN honestly say.... whoops. lol

Last edited:
Assurant is garbage. I sell them but am not a captive agent. That company is a scam. They never pay their claims, and they never pay their agents. Plus they have some serious nutballs working support over there. . Overall, company is no good. Sell something else.
Oh and for all those state farm agents out there....I love stealing your business ( ; The worst part about those agents is they can't even explain their own plans to clients. Every time I get a client post-state-farm-tainted, they can't believe how easily I can explain what their previous agent screwed up trying to sell. Then I put them with Cigna. Haha. Stop trying to sell healthy consumers that health access bs. That's just crooked and wrong. At the end of the day I can honestly say that I feel good about what I did for my client, but State Farm , I doubt, can say the same...like a good neighbor, state farm will put your with a limited benefit plan that won't cover sh&t and then screw you over when you have to get a real plan but you have a preexisting condition now...
*Can* ahha I CAN honestly say.... whoops. lol

you're obviously delusional:goofy:

Back