B to B results

A couple of years ago, I was sunning myself on the lanai, fanning my cojones and enjoying a cool libation. I though how easy it would be if you could purchase a list of people that buy IFP. Problem is - none exists! So what do you do? You make your own! This pulls an 8-12% response - consistently.

Okay, I'll bite. Exactly how does one go about building a targeted list of this type?

Nice Job!! But its to dang cold here to be going B to B. I'm on the telemarketing mode until it warms up. Not as effective but atleast I stay warm.

Also John, Do you only talk to business owners? I have good luck also talking to the receptionist and/or front office people if the owner isnt in or is busy. Most of my apps have been receptionist/front office personnel. And I have a very good retention rate as well with those believe it or not.

If you are interested in making the most money I would say it is best to go out on those cold months.

There are less sales people (insurance and other) that want to go out in the cold. Less sales people = better ROI for you.

That is just the way that I look at it.

If I am able to see 20% more businesses because they have not been bothered as much, then I have a 20% greater chance of making a sale.

Depending on the #'s that could be a huge difference.

Okay, I'll bite. Exactly how does one go about building a targeted list of this type?

It's really quite simple. Ya call 'em up and ask.

The ones that do, you save them. The ones that don't, you don't.

Now granted, this probably has very limited effectiveness for some types of products. It's why I go in with the health insurance...either they do, or they don't.

It's a pain to manual dial numbers 5 days a week.. I just don't how one can survive manualy dialing 4/5 hours straight. I enjoy canvassing the neighborhood myself and met some nice people who turned out to be good friends...

I sold cable, satellite, security, blinds, etc. to new home owners and had fun meeting new interesting, different characters/personalities.. Dude, I remember meeting quite a few single moms out there too who really needed my service... no joke..

Hey John, I believe I'm on a hot streak NOW because I GOT three phone numbers from three different females in past two weeks and they are all different colors.
:biggrin:

Dunno, but it seems they have high IQ because they speak intelligently and have good jobs.. Check this out, each chic is born from 3 different decades. One is 26 years old and asian... the other is caucasian and 35 years old.. the last one is 44 and Puerto Rican...

:yes:
So, what's the POINT in all this?

I've been studying TOP marketers like a mad man from top people... i think it's starting to come to fruition of good marketing practice in other areas ..

LMAO I have met a few HONEYS working front office in some Doctors office's when I stop by them doing B to B as well. To bad for me Im married!:arghh:

There are 2 keys to being successful at B2B:
1. Being able to read people and know when to push a little.
2. Actually getting out there and doing it. If you never try you have already failed.

It's really quite simple. Ya call 'em up and ask.

The ones that do, you save them. The ones that don't, you don't.

Now granted, this probably has very limited effectiveness for some types of products. It's why I go in with the health insurance...either they do, or they don't.

Okay you Telemarket then DM. Pretty much how I do Supplemental products, too one degree or another. Most of the time I just walk in an give them the brochures, hell they're free! Just order 250 weekly from various companies, never run short! It is funny when someone from say Colonial wants to ride along while I'm doing B2B and I'm handing out IM or Conseco Brochures.

Depending on production you have to fight over brochures. Most health companies will start giving you a problem if you want more than 50.

When I did a trade show back on '04 I wanted hundreds of brochures from all the carriers. GR and Assurant coughed them up after some back and forth - no other carrier budged off 50.

Depending on production you have to fight over brochures. Most health companies will start giving you a problem if you want more than 50.

When I did a trade show back on '04 I wanted hundreds of brochures from all the carriers. GR and Assurant coughed them up after some back and forth - no other carrier budged off 50.

The insurance companies marketing materials are so brutally ineffective, it's a joke. That financial strength crap, along with the "product driven" approach - people just don't care.

One of the best benefits of being independent is that you can do your own marketing materials - that actually have some client value and impact.

Have you guys ever wondered if the mailman is tossing your stuff in the garbage, as soon as you bring that big sack of mail to the bulk mail dropoff place? I know it would be , like, well, a felony probably, or at the very least, very,very wrong. I have considered it as being a possibility, when I have mailed stuff and gotten poor returns.

The other possibility: they toss the wrong addresses. That's way more possible, and probable, because I think on bulk mail they are not obligated to return the wrong ones to you- at that cheaper bulk price.

Latest posts

Back