Backlink Consortium

Travis Price

Guru
1000 Post Club
Hey All,

So, I'm going to pitch something I think is a little nonconventional.

SEO/Inbound marketing is going to play a major part in my overall marketing plan. I only market Med Supps, D/V/H, and senior Final Expense (only as an add on) in Michigan and Illinois. Has anyone thought about setting up a referrals page on their website where they can send traffic or backlink to other agents that aren't in direct competition?

So, in my case, if you sell Final Expense in Texas, I don't care if you're on my referral page (provided you aren't sketch.) We both get a backlink that Google knows makes sense (we're both Insurance Agents) and minor possiblity for referrals.

What do you think?

Travis

Hey All,

So, I'm going to pitch something I think is a little nonconventional.

SEO/Inbound marketing is going to play a major part in my overall marketing plan. I only market Med Supps, D/V/H, and senior Final Expense (only as an add on) in Michigan and Illinois. Has anyone thought about setting up a referrals page on their website where they can send traffic or backlink to other agents that aren't in direct competition?

So, in my case, if you sell Final Expense in Texas, I don't care if you're on my referral page (provided you aren't sketch.) We both get a backlink that Google knows makes sense (we're both Insurance Agents) and minor possiblity for referrals.

What do you think?

Travis

What's your site's DA? I'm not sure that people will care about backlinks from a site getting little to no traffic (not saying that's the case with you, just in general).

If you have a site that produces leads, has a strong DA, good content, etc. then such a strategy can be mutually beneficial.

What's your site's DA? I'm not sure that people will care about backlinks from a site getting little to no traffic (not saying that's the case with you, just in general).

If you have a site that produces leads, has a strong DA, good content, etc. then such a strategy can be mutually beneficial.

Hey Ray, maybe you and I should trade backlinks?

Travis, I think what you are interested in doing can work, but you have to be super careful with it. The best method is use real links deep within your article, rather than just a listing of sites. The wording in the backlink should be super relevant to what they do.

You are probably already aware of this, so I state this for other readers. One thing that you do NOT want to do is do is a pure link swap - where I link to you and you link to me. That is relatively simple think for Google to see.

I definitely agree. If the search engines see you are exchanging backlinks (and it's obvious), you could get penalized. Google is cracking down on the insurance and financial services world.

This is awhile before I started really learning about SEO. I think it would work in a Roundup post pretty easily.

Back