BACON IS FOR CLOSERS...

I'm down 15 1/2 pounds in 34 days.

I went canoeing today with one of my sons. POURED down rain for the last 1/2. I got a workout. When I got home, I got off those wet clothes and hopped in the shower. Out of curiosity, I weighed myself before I got dressed and I lost 3 1/2 pounds since this morning. That puts me 4.4 lbs. from my target weight. If I count what I lost today, I'm at 19 lbs. lost in 34 days. I've gone from a 40 waist to 36, and I'm having to use a belt to hold those up. Time for size 34.

Since I'm having a colonoscopy Thursday, I have to take a couple of laxatives and will have diarrhea all day tomorrow and nothing to eat, I'll probably hit my target weight Thursday morning.

I miss all those good things to eat, but I'll take the better health. I still can't believe the difference this "lifestyle"(did I get that right Bob? LOL) has made.

I haven't yet broken through the 10 lb. mark. And I've gained back about a pound since Friday. But that's because I'm partially on vacation this week for my wife's and my 40th wedding anniversary, so I've cheated a little. I'll be back on track next week.

I have plateaued. I need to change sonething

Probably the beer and the buttered coffee. Also, a daily walk does wonders. One of the best habits one could add to one’s life is a daily 3 to 5 mile walk upon waking. It’s positive effects seem to be enlarged if done prior to your first meal of the day. @somarco also eats ketogenically, and he walks 5 miles each day.

@shonceman

Congratulations on your pursuit of "healthyness" and your 40 yr marriage as well. Seems like this industry is tough on relationships. I may be able to count on 1 hand, possibly 2, people I know in the insurance business that have never been divorced.

Congrats to all who have contributed to this thread, or lurked, and are making lifestyle changes. It doesn't matter if you are 30 or 60. Change for the better is good and will reap many rewards.

I gotta start walking. I just hate being out there when it's 1000+ degrees. Or when it's -30. That's 9 months out of the year here.

I did get a sit/stand desk. That's helped my back a lot. Maybe I should put a treadmill under me??

Ever since coming out of the field my back and butt have been killing. I also developed tennis elbow from using the mouse on my computer..

First World Problems!

Back