BACON IS FOR CLOSERS...

5x5 templates are all progression based applications. Either you are following the process as instructed or you are not.
I did stronglifts 5x5 for 9 weeks and even downloaded the app to track my progress. I definitely got stronger in those 9 weeks. I have done it a couple times since then as well but I always put the gym on the back burner when my schedule got hectic. I need to change that attribute of myself.

I was more trying to explain why I lifted and did cardio at the same time. However yes I know you can’t “bulk” and “lose weight”at the same time. After week 9 I was so hungry constantly that I did stop lifting weights for a little while.

I have done it a couple times since then as well but I always put the gym on the back burner when my schedule get hectic. I need to change that attribute of myself.

Update! I just spent two evenings at the gym with my 14 yr old daughter. Thanks to some of the success I have seen for some of you folks I decided to put my hat in the ring.

We are going swimming this evening... my goal is weight loss and improved bp.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

Update! I just spent two evenings at the gym

No gym membership here, but a buddy of mine recently turned me onto the benefits of simple calisthenics. For this month I committed to push ups - 100 per day (not all at once lol). I do 50 in the morning before I shower and hit the doors; and then I do the other 50 in the evening after diner.

In September, I will add the three other “basics” as I’ve been advised: Pull ups, dips, and squats.

Amazing how much easier the push ups are 15 days into the program. The first day I got down into position, thinking I’ll do a quick set of 25 to get started. ROTFLMAO! Holy cow! I was SHOCKED at how difficult the first 5 were :wacko:

By October, I will also add jump rope (I checked with my daughter’s rope, and I can still jump rope thank goodness), and backyard sprints.

Bacon and exercise ... life is good! :yes:

No gym membership here, but a buddy of mine recently turned me onto the benefits of simple calisthenics. For this month I committed to push ups - 100 per day (not all at once lol). I do 50 in the morning before I shower and hit the doors; and then I do the other 50 in the evening after diner.

In September, I will add the three other “basics” as I’ve been advised: Pull ups, dips, and squats.

Amazing how much easier the push ups are 15 days into the program. The first day I got down into position, thinking I’ll do a quick set of 25 to get started. ROTFLMAO! Holy cow! I was SHOCKED at how difficult the first 5 were :wacko:

By October, I will also add jump rope (I checked with my daughter’s rope, and I can still jump rope thank goodness), and backyard sprints.

That’s the prison yard workout regiment. Better than most fancy gym regiments

Well to be honest... life currently hurts where I didn't know I had life... :shocked: par for the course.

I am looking forward to the indoor pull... swimming and water exercises are easy on the joints and this old man wants to be active for a long time...

I want to turn in my 2 weeks notice to each of my carriers the day before they close the lid on me... :laugh:

Back