BACON IS FOR CLOSERS...

Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen!! :eek:

Only if you believe that fats and cholesterol cause heart disease. However, if you believe the current scientific research, which overwhelmingly points to sugar ands processed vegetable oils and carbs as the cause of insulin resistance, and that insulin resistance is the root cause of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc., then it should sound as though I’m on my way to good health!

I FINALLY got there!!! 179.6 lbs. :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Those last couple of pounds took forever. I've cheated and was gaining weight last week. Saturday I had gotten back up to 185.4. I'm putting up the scales now and will weigh myself once a week now. It's not just the weight loss, it's the better health and the HIGHER energy level. I feel great!!! Bacon cured my COPD!!! Whoooooopeeeee!

That’s great, monkey! Weight loss certainly improves health - but more importantly eating this way heals much of the internal inflamation which is killing us.

The best thing to me is hearing how much your COPD has gone into ... remission, for lack of a better word. Absolutely wonderful results - very happy for you, very, very happy indeed.

Last edited:
Only if you believe that fats and cholesterol cause heart disease. However, if you believe the current scientific research, which overwhelmingly points to sugar ands processed vegetable oils and carbs as the cause of insulin resistance, and that insulin resistance is the root cause of heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc., then it should sound as though I’m on my way to good health!
The animal fats raise LDL which has a negative impact on the vascular system.. It just doesn't make sense to try to solve one problem by creating another. The best way to live is eat a healthy balanced diet and do regular push aways (from the table).... not that i do it.

The animal fats raise LDL which has a negative impact on the vascular system.. It just doesn't make sense to try to solve one problem by creating another. The best way to live is eat a healthy balanced diet and do regular push aways (from the table)

I understand why you think what you think and why you say what you say. But it has all been a big fat lie ... Cholesterol is NOT the problem. Lipid panels can give you important information about your vascular health, but that info is not the LDL figure, but the triglyceride:HDL ratio.

There is nothing healthy about a “balanced diet” if by balanced you are allowing for sugars and starches and vegetable oils.

Meat, dairy, and non-starchy vegetables, yes. But sugars, starches, most genetically modified fruits (which is most of them available to us today) and vegetable and seed oils should be eliminated for maximum heart health.

I recommend anyone reading this to start educating him- or herself with real science and not gov’t or vegan animal rights sponsored propaganda.

I understand why you think what you think and why you say what you say. But it has all been a big fat lie ... Cholesterol is NOT the problem. Lipid panels can give you important information about your vascular health, but that info is not the LDL figure, but the triglyceride:HDL ratio.

There is nothing healthy about a “balanced diet” if by balanced you are allowing for sugars and starches and vegetable oils.

Meat, dairy, and non-starchy vegetables, yes. But sugars, starches, most genetically modified fruits (which is most of them available to us today) and vegetable and seed oils should be eliminated for maximum heart health.

I recommend anyone reading this to start educating him- or herself with real science and not gov’t or vegan animal rights sponsored propaganda.

I haven't been absolutely keto on this. But I've definitely reduced breads, sugar & starchy veggies and focused on clean, whole foods. The sugar I use is raw local honey, although bacon and some of the jerky I've eaten have a small amount of cane sugar in them. But I've completely cut out high fructose corn sweetener, which I believe has been a major contributor to the diabetes epidemic we've been seeing in this country for several years now.

The animal fats raise LDL which has a negative impact on the vascular system.. It just doesn't make sense to try to solve one problem by creating another. The best way to live is eat a healthy balanced diet and do regular push aways (from the table).... not that i do it.
Louis, along with the other changes I've also engaged portion control, which you called "push aways". I'm sure that's had an impact for me as well.

Speaking of overall health... many health professionals are trying to educate their people on the value of strength training. As we know, loss of strength is a major problem in the elderly. Recent research has confirmed what us bros call "muscle memory". (The ability to regain your size and strength after a layoff in a much shorter period of time than expected.) The nuclei you build in the muscle cell is permanent and stays with you for life! If you stop lifting of course your muscle will atrophy and will become weaker, but the nuclei, which is the difficult part, remains in the muscle cell forever. By skipping that process it becomes much easier. So the elderly that were strong at a younger age are at a massive advantage.

Speaking of overall health... many health professionals are trying to educate their people on the value of strength training. As we know, loss of strength is a major problem in the elderly. Recent research has confirmed what us bros call "muscle memory". (The ability to regain your size and strength after a layoff in a much shorter period of time than expected.) The nuclei you build in the muscle cell is permanent and stays with you for life! If you stop lifting of course your muscle will atrophy and will become weaker, but the nuclei, which is the difficult part, remains in the muscle cell forever. By skipping that process it becomes much easier. So the elderly that were strong at a younger age are at a massive advantage.
Use it, or lose it. :yes:

I lost mine quite a while ago. :confused:

Back