Becoming an Independent Agent

What are you looking to accomplish becoming independent
Just cause you go independent doesn't mean it gets any easier. I know of plenty of people that quit after a few years cause they can't cut it. If you go captive or Indy... If you are good, you are good. If your not, your not and you need to find another career,

That is the equivalent of asking how do I start my own business, because that is what you are basically doing.

Independent agent = micro business owner

Study up on owning your own business and go from there...

I have a question or really several. In need of advise really. I have been in the industry for 8 years and I am really struggling. I have mostly sold individual health but since obamacrap has started my commissions tanked. So I want to see which direction I should go. I have a modest book of business, my biggest issue is that I haven't been able to do this full time. I have worked a full time job in the evenings and work my business during the day. What do any of you think is the best way to get production? I have at the moment been getting leads from an IMO for non-med life, it's all phone sales and I getting these people on the phone is frustrating! I am used to chasing people for health so that's not exactly different, different jargon. Do you recommend door to door, mailers, what seems to work the best? I want to go full time, but until I can get my production up I can't and it seems like it has turned into a catch 22! Any advise? Thanks.

Prospect all day long. Go business to business or door knock. If you ask 50 people a day in a direct manner to talk about their need for life insurance, chances are you'd survive. Find a way to ask 50 people face to face, every day, 6 days a week. Go business to business during the day, do residential door knocking from 6 to 8 pm.

Back