Becoming Independent Agent

First you hijacked someone else's post. Second you asked an impossible question.

Hi.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hijack this post.

I was just sharing my experience too. And was hoping someone can give me any help. Because people here seem to have a lot of knowledge and experience about the insurance industry when I only have so little. I didn't really mean any harm. I was just looking for help. That's all.

Also, I'm sorry for asking an impossible question. Hehe

How busy you'll be as ones secretary will depend on the agent you work for.

But thank you for this! (:

Last edited:
Hi.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hijack this post.

I was just sharing my experience too. And was hoping someone can give me any help. Because people here seem to have a lot of knowledge and experience about the insurance industry when I only have so little. I didn't really mean any harm. I was just looking for help. That's all.

Also, I'm sorry for asking an impossible question. Hehe

But thank you for this! (:

Don't pay any attention to those mean agents from Mississippi. Hehe:twitchy:

I too was with Farmers, albeit many years longer than you, but found the transition very easy and extremely rewarding monetarily. (You'll find being independent the complete opposite of Farmers. The carriers ask you what can they do to get more of your business. Instead of, nope, we don't write that or, no, I can't help you with the rate). I've always gone after P&C and only write the L&D products as a service to my clients. I prefer P&C because of the renewals. I use GA's for MEC plans, individual life, group medical and group life. If you decide to focus on P&C I highly recommend going with a cluster. A cluster will give you access to carriers that ordinarily wouldn't talk to you. But be careful choosing the cluster. I did a lot of homework before choosing my cluster and I couldn't be happier with my choice. I could go on so you can contact me offline if you'd like to hear more of my experience.

Hi Buddy

Which cluster did you choose to affiliate yourself with and why?

Ez, I went with Pacific Interstate Insurance Brokers. If you go to their website, click on the PIIB Difference, you can read about the pluses they offer vs. other clusters. Then there's the carrier access. It's also on their website.

Hi Everyone

I have been in the insurance industry for about 3 years. I got my start working for farmers insurance and a few other companies. I am no longer working for them.

I want to be able to be independent but have a few companies that i can go to help my clients. I am Life and P/C licensed i live in California. I would be selling Final Expense insurance, life insurance and auto home.

How do i go about this? Companies i am looking at would be Americo, Trans America, Phoenix, Allied/Nation wide. Do i just contact these companies and say can i be an independent agent or is there a better way?

Thank you so much

Where in California? May have a contact for you

Back