Best tablet for E-apps

Dec 22, 2018

1. jvancleve

jvancleve Expert

State:
    Ohio
    Seeking specific technology recommendations. I got into MAPD plans this year and processed more than I expected. Did most enrollments on paper and faxed them in. To be more efficient I want to purchase a tablet and be able to have prospective clients sign their enrollments electronically. Lot's of tablet choices and price points - what model and configuration is optimal to interface with the major health insurance carriers? Thank you.

2. russelltw

russelltw Guru

get a recent ipad. Ipad only has one operating system and Apple controls it.

With any android operating systems, device manufacturers and carriers (Samsung, LG, Verizon, ATT, etc) can make changes to it and those changes can cause issues with compatibility with software.

That's why most developers will develop for iOS (Apple's operating system) first then later with Android.

I am not an Apple user, but this is why you see Ipads working on e-apps and in some cases Android tablets not being supported or supported later.

3. Franki52

Franki52 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    iPad for sure! Must be a newer version that has IOS 12, I believe. I did all Humana, Cigna, Aetna, United Health and a few others and it saved so much time without paper!

Franki52, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    If you get an iPad make sure to download Notibility. I use it daily.

Chazm, Dec 23, 2018
  5. AboutThatLife

AboutThatLife Guru

Everyone is saying Ipad here, but you could also use any Microsoft surface tablet. The experience would be similar to using Windows so compatibility isnt an issue.

6. Anthony Arroyo

Anthony Arroyo New Member

State:
    Texas
    I use my iPad Pro 12. I attached with a killer keyboard I bought for like thirty bucks. It looks like a laptop! Other agents at my prior IMO use nothing but windows-based laptops, and they have no problems.

7. WinoBlues

WinoBlues Guru

State:
    California
    I use a Surface Pro in a docking station with a 24" monitor and wireless keyboard and mouse. I think this is version 2. I expect I will need to replace it sooner than later. When I travel I use the attachable keyboard.

Question to you guys that use tablets. Why is a tablet better than one of the new thin touch screen laptops?

Thanks

8. Chazm

Chazm Guru

State:
    Florida
    I use my tablet because I pay $10 a month more to use my iPad anywhere instead of having to tether it. But the main reason is insurance companies seem to prefer iOS over android and windows. At least here in Florida they do. They come out with iOS apps early and state other OS later on.

Chazm, Jan 30, 2019