Best Things About Selling Insurance...

I had a very rewarding death claim last night. My client passed leaving his wife in a tight spot. Before he died, I told him that we would have a check to his wife within a week of getting a death certificate. I was true to my word and helped her out of her situation.

I sat with the widow and went through her new budget since she lost his pension and her SS. We came up with a $200 deficit each month. We put part of the death benefit into an annuity which will now give her $233 extra per month plus she has a little extra cushion in her bank account now.

It was great to see life insurance do exactly what I said it would do.

Good job of taking care of your client.

Best thing is working for myself
  1. Working for myself
  2. Opportunity for very high income
  3. Opportunity to truly help clients
  4. Ongoing education; we never stop learning in this biz
  5. Incentives are nice too (conventions)
  6. Renewals

1. Working for myself
  2. Opportunity for very high income
  3. Opportunity to truly help clients
  4. Ongoing education; we never stop learning in this biz
  5. Incentives are nice too (conventions)
  6. Renewals

Good post. To this list I would add variety. It is not boring because no two days are alike.

Well, just getting to my third month as an agent, I can tell you that it is a LOT better than working out of a cubical farm like I used to when I worked for the corporate insurance world.

I love that I can get in my truck and prospect whenever I want.
I like that people are starting to trust me (I'm 25, look like I'm 12, and am new to one of the towns), and I like the flexibility that I have in my roll.

Yes, helping clients is huge as well and this year I learned crop insurance, which is pretty neat!

Well, just getting to my third month as an agent, I can tell you that it is a LOT better than working out of a cubical farm like I used to when I worked for the corporate insurance world.

I love that I can get in my truck and prospect whenever I want.
I like that people are starting to trust me (I'm 25, look like I'm 12, and am new to one of the towns), and I like the flexibility that I have in my roll.

Yes, helping clients is huge as well and this year I learned crop insurance, which is pretty neat!

25yrs old...man i wish i was 25 again!

lol

I love the fact that it allows me to have the chance to do the things that I enjoy in life such as being a Paramedic, but I am most thankful for the time I get to spend with my family on weekends.

FINANCIALLY
1. great income
2. great hours
3. renewals

I've done the 80 hour a week thing and I now approach this business as making the most I can in a 40-50 week. This approach isn't everyone's way of making it in the world but it works for me.... I have yet to meet a dying man that said "I wish I hadn't spent so much time with my children and wife".

Last edited:
I really love to hear people's stories. Most of my clients are older, and they love to tell stories! I have so many really cool, unique clients that it's fun to go to work every day.
The money is fabulous, but the people are the best!

I really love to hear people's stories. Most of my clients are older, and they love to tell stories! I have so many really cool, unique clients that it's fun to go to work every day.
The money is fabulous, but the people are the best!

Sometimes I wonder what stories the current generation will have to tell? How their game boy went on the blink? Feeling jaded this morning.. :1confused:

Back