Best Things About Selling Insurance...

Certainly being in charge of everything has its advantages.

I also really enjoy helping people understand their insurance choices and the pros and cons of different approaches. Very satisfying to see when someone gets the "a-ha" moment when it really clicks for them.

Pros and Cons to every business.

Independent sales reps have freedom but with the freedom comes responsibility. You need a certain set of characteristics to make it.

Good thread!

Pros and Cons to every business.

Independent sales reps have freedom but with the freedom comes responsibility. You need a certain set of characteristics to make it.

Good thread!
Thank you! You guys are the ones who make it good.

Well, just getting to my third month as an agent, I can tell you that it is a LOT better than working out of a cubical farm like I used to when I worked for the corporate insurance world.

I love that I can get in my truck and prospect whenever I want.
I like that people are starting to trust me (I'm 25, look like I'm 12, and am new to one of the towns), and I like the flexibility that I have in my roll.

Yes, helping clients is huge as well and this year I learned crop insurance, which is pretty neat!

I am 25 as well and don't look it. I wear glasses to appt and try keep some facial hair.

Did you start your own agency or are you a producer ?

I am 25 as well and don't look it. I wear glasses to appt and try keep some facial hair.

Did you start your own agency or are you a producer ?

I'm a P&C producer for an independent agency! It is nice having an office and the ability to go out and talk to people compared to working for a corporate insurance company and living in a 7' x 7' cube!

I'm a P&C producer for an independent agency! It is nice having an office and the ability to go out and talk to people compared to working for a corporate insurance company and living in a 7' x 7' cube!

K well thats sorta what I do now haha...

Possibly not for much longer tho.

K well thats sorta what I do now haha...

Possibly not for much longer tho.

Moving from corporate underwriting (which I enjoyed) to the agency side has been great. Still struggling on my marketing/prospecting out of our new office, where I'm the only agent, but I'll get there! It just takes time...time and patience.

Back