Best Things About Selling Insurance...

Sometimes I wonder what stories the current generation will have to tell? How their game boy went on the blink? Feeling jaded this morning.. :1confused:

This probably would be our story if those things would have been available back in the day.. My childrens stories could possibly include:
1. Back in the day when vehicles ran on gasoline
2. remembering when Wal-Mart was around
3. gas was 3.99, now 10.99

and more

I really love to hear people's stories. Most of my clients are older, and they love to tell stories! I have so many really cool, unique clients that it's fun to go to work every day.
The money is fabulous, but the people are the best!

Yes! That is also a benefit.

Pretty much what the others have said. It boils down to independence to me. Being an independent I work when I want, where I want, with who I want. No manager.

This probably would be our story if those things would have been available back in the day.. My childrens stories could possibly include:
1. Back in the day when vehicles ran on gasoline
2. remembering when Wal-Mart was around
3. gas was 3.99, now 10.99

and more

The generation I grew up listening to had stories of the Great Depression, World War II, the first airplane, automobile, etc. Just imagine those that lived without electricity in this county because sections of it were not wired until the 1950s also saw the advent of the computer age.

I am 68 and have seen a lot of change in my life, especially in the technology area but it pales in comparison to the change they saw.

I work in one of the worst parts of the city that most agents ignore because they might have a lil more common sense than I do.
I met with a grandmother that lives on a very limited monthly income. The recent storm had her roof leaking, her hot water heater had gone out-boiling water for everything, and is keeping her grandkids for the summer.

she was over insured with four different policies that agents before me had simply talked her into, no real need. It's those agents that make a bad name for the rest of us, I digress...

I laid out options for her and got her a check for 2100.

Her appreciation embarrassed me. I just genuinely used my knowledge to help.

The second reason is the ability to hustle up money in a few days of work. Life happens and having the ability to make money almost on demand is a very good thing. I love the feeling of walking out of the house with a 1000 dollar bill.

Seeing all the people driving to work knowing they are going to make $10, $12 or possible $30 an hour no matter how hard they work and knowing I have the possibility of making several thousand dollars that day. Also knowing I'm making $50/hour on renewals so if I don't sell something I still made decent money that day.

Seeing all the people driving to work knowing they are going to make $10, $12 or possible $30 an hour no matter how hard they work and knowing I have the possibility of making several thousand dollars that day. Also knowing I'm making $50/hour on renewals so if I don't sell something I still made decent money that day.

One hour work day? Just kidding, residual income is a huge benefit. Others in no particular order:

1. No corporate politics.
2. I earn exactly what I am worth, capitalism at it's finest.
3. Schedule flexibility.
4. Challenging.
5. No two days are exactly the same.

We all are avoiding the elephant in this room. Its rewarding business but it is not an easy business to do. You have to be organized, deal with people that will assume missing a payment is not a problem, and get unreasonable claim calls that have nothing to do about the policy. No business is easy, but we all must admit that ours is in a way a labor of love.

What do you like best about selling insurance? ;)

Being able to have your own business that you can operate out of your home and grow to point where you can make a very good income and still have minimal overhead , no employees, no inventory , no haggling over the price of product , no chasing down deadbeats or worrying about being stiffed for delivered goods but my favorite thing is...........

having checks magically appear in my checking account each month from sales I made long ago and far away and for which I was already paid nicely for when the sale was initially made.

Latest posts

Back