Best Website for Stock Images

Personally, I would stay away from Getty Images. Google them and see what a sleeze-ball outfit they are.

I used some stock images offered to me ostensibly as "free" incorporated in some templates as part of my web host's build-your-own website (Siteground).

I recently got a letter from Getty images threatening to sue me for plagarizing their copyrighted images. Supposedly, even if you don't realize the images are protected, they will sue the pants off you. I really did not succomb to the blackmail, but removed the images from my web site due to possiblities of impropriety. I was told that those images I used were contracted by the provider of the templates, but I choose to stay away from them anyway.

I don't trust any "free" images anymore. I will only use those I develop myself. I have also left Siteground for another hosting service. (Sorry to have to report this, Val...)

Why did you leave Siteground? I use them for a few websites. Down time is rare although not being able to talk with them over the phone can be maddening once per year.

Not only inability to reach someone by phone when you are really in a bind, but the attitude they take is that you should know what the answer is... or you are very stupid. My retort is that since they provide simple web site setup for novices, then they should expect novices to know little or nothing. The issue is they just don't like to spend the time dealing with novices.

Supposedly, even if you don't realize the images are protected, they will sue the pants off you. I really did not succomb to the blackmail, but removed the images from my web site due to possiblities of impropriety.

Supposedly?

I thought ignorance of the rules was enough to clear you as innocent. As in Ignorance is 9/10 of the law.

Latest posts

Back