Beware Cigna supplements (nationwide agents)

They "absorbed" Med Supp carriers like Continental General, Central Reserve Life, etc. I guess they didn't learn from them. :nah:

Those carriers must have been before my time in the Medicare market. Continental General sounds vaguely familiar. CRL rings a bell. Never contracted with either of them.

The CG I was referring to was Connecticut General. They merged with (or bought) LINA (Life Insurance of North America). Sometime later changed their name to Cigna.

I only used Aetna in the past for GI business. They were Aetna Health & Life here in GA at that time. Scuttled them once they cut commission from 50% to less than 1%.

Wrote a few cases with them because folks asked for them.

Those carriers must have been before my time in the Medicare market. Continental General sounds vaguely familiar. CRL rings a bell. Never contracted with either of them.

The CG I was referring to was Connecticut General. They merged with (or bought) LINA (Life Insurance of North America). Sometime later changed their name to Cigna.

I only used Aetna in the past for GI business. They were Aetna Health & Life here in GA at that time. Scuttled them once they cut commission from 50% to less than 1%.

Wrote a few cases with them because folks asked for them.
I knew who you meant by CG. I used to love American Continental, then they weren't competitive anymore and I think they're too much trouble to deal with unless they're a last option.

I knew who you meant by CG. I used to love American Continental, then they weren't competitive anymore and I think they're too much trouble to deal with unless they're a last option.

Too bad that small, really good carriers, are overtaken and overrun by greedy larger ones. The new parent wants to come in and change things to "improve the bottom line".

Instead they run off employees, agents and policyholders. The give the industry a bad name.

This happens in every industry.

Restaurants are notorious for building up a reputation and repeat traffic. Then someone comes along with a big money bag. The owners sell. New owners change things.

Before long the restaurant closes.

Back