Brand new agent 1 month into it Symmetry Financial Group

Bret Frost

Hey guys so I'm one month into my journey.. Heres been my experience so far.
Total amount spent $800
I have wrote 1 small policy that got denied.
I'm super disappointed with the lack of available quality of leads. Leads and coaching is why I originally joined Symmetry.... The lower commision structure plus having to buy your own leads which appear to all be super old (I check everyday) is an unsustainable approach... No other advice or system has been taught or given to me for prospecting and lead gen..
I had another agent I found on Facebook advise to leave Symmetry and find an IMO with higher commission rates and better lead and prospecting system. Any help or tips would be much appreciated. I'm feeling overwhelmed and have read horror stories of people trying to be released from Symmetry. I'am recently married and would appreciate any sort of helpful guidance. Any feedback or help would be much appreciated. All im being told by upline is to join a super expensive coaching program and buy more leads and stay on the lookout for new ones lol. Luckily I have a full time job during the day but I was really hoping to eventually go full time with insurance.

I had another agent I found on Facebook advise to leave Symmetry and find an IMO with higher commission rates and better lead and prospecting system.

If only it was just that easy. So easy to say; so difficult to find.

I'm feeling overwhelmed and have read horror stories of people trying to be released from Symmetry.

Being released only applies to the companies you are appointed with. After 6 months of not writing any business, you can get re-appointed with them through another IMO.

All im being told by upline is to join a super expensive coaching program and buy more leads and stay on the lookout for new ones lol.

It's so easy for those who don't have a financial stake in your circumstances to just say "Go throw some more money at the problem and it'll go away." Terrible business advice. Far better to determine the problems and learn how to solve the problems.

Before giving any ideas or advice on where else you can go, what did you have in mind when you got your license in the first place? Was it just the Symmetry Financial 'pitch'? Or did you have other ideas and just seemed to wind up at Symmetry?

Hey guys so I'm one month into my journey.. Heres been my experience so far.
Total amount spent $800
I have wrote 1 small policy that got denied.
I'm super disappointed with the lack of available quality of leads. Leads and coaching is why I originally joined Symmetry.... The lower commision structure plus having to buy your own leads which appear to all be super old (I check everyday) is an unsustainable approach... No other advice or system has been taught or given to me for prospecting and lead gen..
I had another agent I found on Facebook advise to leave Symmetry and find an IMO with higher commission rates and better lead and prospecting system. Any help or tips would be much appreciated. I'm feeling overwhelmed and have read horror stories of people trying to be released from Symmetry. I'am recently married and would appreciate any sort of helpful guidance. Any feedback or help would be much appreciated. All im being told by upline is to join a super expensive coaching program and buy more leads and stay on the lookout for new ones lol. Luckily I have a full time job during the day but I was really hoping to eventually go full time with insurance.
Symmetry won’t release but that’s no problem. They didn’t contract you with all the companies or even the best ones. Just choose a better IMO and NEVER give up ANY commission for free leads.
Check out FexContracting website and be sure to listen to the audio page for several agents stories. And look at the commission page to know what is normal if you don’t fall in with the pyramid style agencies. Call us if you want to talk but the education is yours for free.

You can try getting a release with them, maybe since you didn’t even write one policy they will release you. If not, like mentioned above, just wait 6 months if you can, or get contracted with different carriers than the ones you are currently with Symmetry.

Also, I’d advise NOT to join the super expensive coaching program. Find a better upline and get coaching from them. Any local insurance companies near you?

You can try getting a release with them, maybe since you didn’t even write one policy they will release you. If not, like mentioned above, just wait 6 months if you can, or get contracted with different carriers than the ones you are currently with Symmetry.

Also, I’d advise NOT to join the super expensive coaching program. Find a better upline and get coaching from them. Any local insurance companies near you?
Yes. Do NOT pay someone for coaching. That is a crazy new thing that they are doing to new agents to separate them from their money.

Any agent I’ve ever had come to us from Symmetry has not been able to get a release. They just ghost you when you ask. That’s the only way they can retain agents is to not make it easy to leave. But it actually is very easy to leave. It’s not a problem at all.

Yes. Do NOT pay someone for coaching. That is a crazy new thing that they are doing to new agents to separate them from their money.

Any agent I’ve ever had come to us from Symmetry has not been able to get a release. They just ghost you when you ask. That’s the only way they can retain agents is to not make it easy to leave. But it actually is very easy to leave. It’s not a problem at all.

ok thanks for the input! So what would be my next steps to leave? I went to that website fexcontracting and submitted a request. Anyone else have any input on it?

If only it was just that easy. So easy to say; so difficult to find.

Being released only applies to the companies you are appointed with. After 6 months of not writing any business, you can get re-appointed with them through another IMO.

It's so easy for those who don't have a financial stake in your circumstances to just say "Go throw some more money at the problem and it'll go away." Terrible business advice. Far better to determine the problems and learn how to solve the problems.

Before giving any ideas or advice on where else you can go, what did you have in mind when you got your license in the first place? Was it just the Symmetry Financial 'pitch'? Or did you have other ideas and just seemed to wind up at Symmetry?

I wanted to better myself, learn some sales skills, change my financial situation, learn the industry, make a difference and start part time and eventually build the business up to full time. I liked the idea of flexibility and getting in a zone making calls taking action and closing.

ok thanks for the input! So what would be my next steps to leave? I went to that website fexcontracting and submitted a request. Anyone else have any input on it?
FexContracting is my agency. I’m going to be on a road trip today but I’ll try to call you while I’m driving. We are a great agency if you want to sell FE face to face as your main thing and cross sell everything else you run into. We have a very high success record with our focus, leads and training. If your plan is not that I can give you great advice on who is a good fit for you. I’ll call you later today.

Such a disgusting business practice.

Curious, what leads do you guys typically run?

Back