Brand new agent 1 month into it Symmetry Financial Group

Yes, they recommend new agents to start with their lowest quality lead for the "practice" These leads have been sold several times to different agents and re-worked. Every time I turn around I have to throw money at something with them. I have no doubt that people here can be successful, i'm not trying to bash, to each his own, but I feel like you have to have a lot of money and a little more experience in the field there.

At the moment I'm doing my research and trying to decide between Fexcontracting and Duford Insurance Group.

I'm hoping I don't have problems with releasing from Symmetry since I don't have a sale
You will definitely have problems getting released. You have to go 6-months with no sale to be able to move from there. But just don’t let them appoint you with any more companies and you will be fine. Where ever you move to will just appoint you with different carriers. Usually better ones.
If you want to sell by telephone, I can limit your two choices to David DuFord. And he’s a good choice. FexContracting is completely focused on face-to-face. In my opinion that’s definitely the best way to go unless there is a reason that you need to sell by phone. But of course I am biased. You can be successful either way. One way is just easier.

It's me, not sure why my other account on here wouldn't log in. I would like to be able to set up my appointments over the phone and make the sale face to face. I'm in Florida, would I be able to sell that way through flex contracting?
Yes. That’s exactly how we recommend. Call your leads. Set appointments. Run your appointments. Then door knock any that wouldn’t set an appointment.

I just started with Symmetry as well. I got through their training (mainly videos) They want you to do 300+ calls a day and be on meeting after meeting. I don't have the kind of money they want for me to be able to make 300+ calls a day. Even the cheap older leads at $1 something would add up to way more money than I have available to spend on leads. I can get a hold of my mentor, but every time I try to have a convo and ask questions he is conveniently too busy

Just from what you typed there don’t you already have the feeling it’s not a good place to be?
They have you calling $1 leads? Long shots? And 80% of them are illegal to call if they are over 60-days old and on the Do Not Call List. And when you get hit with that $10,000 fine your Upline owes zero of it. But he’s making bank reselling old leads that other agents have already paid for.

No training, low commissions, junk re-worked leads, a Upline that is working against you instead of for you. That’s a recipe for disaster.
I’ll never understand this kind of mentality. When I was managing agents, I worked pretty closely with my newbies. I didn’t want to have to keep replacing them! I always wanted to them to experience early success, so they would feel like this was a worthwhile venture, and hang in there through the inevitable rough patches.

Update: I sent in my resignation form to support at Symmetry. They emailed in return saying my status had been set to terminated, but my new IMO needs to send a release request. Doesn't terminated mean I'm released? I'm a little confused.
No. Unless they sign off on a release you can’t re-contract with any of those companies that you had contracted with until you have been canceled for six months.
If symmetry will sign off on the release, which they usually will not, then you can re-contract elsewhere the next day.

I’ll never understand this kind of mentality. When I was managing agents, I worked pretty closely with my newbies. I didn’t want to have to keep replacing them! I always wanted to them to experience early success, so they would feel like this was a worthwhile venture, and hang in there through the inevitable rough patches.

It's like herding cats... not really my interest; however, very few people or companies can do a good job at both recruiting and training. You just can't learn what you need to over a phone call or off a website. I believe it takes the right person mixed in with face to face, ride along training.

In my door-2-door cancer sales days, I watched them come in, then roll out, one after another. To be honest it was depressing at times. I can say however, they bare knuckles training along with bull headed stupidity, taught me many valuable lessons... both in product/business knowledge, but most in people skills.

This profession is much about non verbal responses. You just can't teach that over a video... some folks are naturals at reading responses, but most folks need help in seeing the unspoken.

It's like herding cats... not really my interest; however, very few people or companies can do a good job at both recruiting and training. You just can't learn what you need to over a phone call or off a website. I believe it takes the right person mixed in with face to face, ride along training.

In my door-2-door cancer sales days, I watched them come in, then roll out, one after another. To be honest it was depressing at times. I can say however, they bare knuckles training along with bull headed stupidity, taught me many valuable lessons... both in product/business knowledge, but most in people skills.
I think you’re right about not being good at both. I enjoyed helping agents, but hated recruiting. I guess that’s why I wanted to train them right!

Back