Broker VS Agent

Then I met an agent at a networking event who (I think had a couple of drinks) told me that he got an MGA contract right out the gate. So I was like ok I am going to do A LOT of research before I sign up.

One thing that I think can help you is look into open release letters. If you get an open release letter up front you don't have to worry as much about doing research and the analysis/paralysis because if you choose the wrong FMO for you, you can just go to another one. I also have this belief it will improve the industry if more agents do this as it will weed out the weak FMO's.

LOL... My friend said they are like a cult. He said he offered one of them a triple % increase one the contract to sign up with him because his numbers, and the guy wouldnt do it, then tried flipping the script and recuiting him on a much lower contract, My friend said no because he would be reducing his pay, and the guys response was "Yeah, but we are primerica"

Your friend should keep that guy close. Write his declines and older prospects the PFS guy can not write. Then when he fails out recruit him and or rewrite his clients. Rinse and repeat.

Your friend should keep that guy close. Write his declines and older prospects the PFS guy can not write. Then when he fails out recruit him and or rewrite his clients. Rinse and repeat.
The last agent I recruited was a Primerica agent. Unfortunately he never wrote anything but i did end up writing a couple of his relatives.

The last agent I recruited was a Primerica agent. Unfortunately he never wrote anything but i did end up writing a couple of his relatives.

That histerical, unless your making it sound cooler then it actually was, thats literally someone not talking one of there own relatives not taking them seriously enough.

I am also a real estate agent, that is literally the equivilent of my sister having another broker list her house, or going through one to buy.

That histerical, unless your making it sound cooler then it actually was, thats literally someone not talking one of there own relatives not taking them seriously enough.

I am also a real estate agent, that is literally the equivilent of my sister having another broker list her house, or going through one to buy.
No, he had written them Primerica and I replaced it. I talked to him about it first. He had decided to get out of the business completely and told me to "go for it".

Do not take this the wrong way. _However_, Would your sister's family be better off with me as her Life insurance agent or you? Would you be better off with me as your agent than you being your own agent today?

What it is all coming down to is. Learn how to sell, get a good contract

... and hope for no contracts.

Ding Ding Ding! Bingo!

You can dual contract with many if not most Life Insurance companies. So you are not stuck with an upline. FE companies, not so much. They, in my opinion, are more in bead with the big uplines. So you will need a release if you lock up all of you contracts with XYZ IMO. But even there there are always other companies to write the six month waiting period. There is no best, have to have, company.

Pick someone to help/train you. Pick one primary company and get to it!

Do not take this the wrong way. _However_, Would your sister's family be better off with me as her Life insurance agent or you? Would you be better off with me as your agent than you being your own agent today?

Believe it or not, I would feel weird selling my own family insurance, so I would refer them to someone else, regardless. I feel like it would be 2 MLM-like to start trying to sell my own family.

Selling a in Real Estate is a different animal then Insurance. It is all negotiations and marketing, and a few months for you get an offer on the house (location, location, location), and once you get one it can take 45 days or more for it to close. Plus.. I never thought it was a good idea... though you can... to represent a family members house cause it can raise conflict of interest real quickly, cause don't forgot usually your speaking to an agent representing the buyer, not the buyer itself.

That is why I asked a million question on another thread about buying leads.

Back