Building a network of High Net Worth contacts

Chris

Administrator
Administrator
Listening to my sister (a newish real estate agent) often complains about finding clients, especially those looking for or selling higher-priced real estate. It also probably doesn't help that most of her referrals have been family over the last few years. I asked her what she was doing to try to meet clients, and she really couldn't give me any particular activity to help her change those circumstances.

I feel like insurance is the same way. To build a network of high-net-worth contacts, you have to go where they are and build those social circles.

So it was great to read the article just published on INN: [EXTERNAL LINK] - How do you network within the HNW social set?.

They mention a few key things:
  • Join an organization
  • Showing up
  • Set goals to meet new people
  • Have talking points
I think the article overlooks a few things, and I would love to get feedback from those experienced in the community -

• Find an organization that you are passionate about, as doing something strictly for money will get old.
  • Listen and ask more questions about others
  • See how you can help others besides padding your wallet first
I love the point that they say it doesn't cost a fortune to join organizations, so be aware of overspending to try to meet the Jones (let alone keep up with them).

For those that are socially inclined, this seems easy enough - but what if you're not socially inclined to chat with people, what are your options?

Back