Calling During Weekends

I made my post based on personal sales training, sales experience and life experience which are directly relevant to op's post. The fact that I am not currently making a living as a salesperson does not make them irrelevant or incorrect.

Do you have experience telemarketing insurance on Saturdays or Sundays?

... relevant forum ....

Quite relevant here. Should I ever do some selling again, when I get discouraged with no's, I can remind myself that I have been dissed by some of the best salespeople in the US and what I am getting from this customer is nothing compared to that experience (Unless they fire the shotgun or actually loose the man-eating German Shepherd).

Quite relevant here. Should I ever do some selling again, when I get discouraged with no's, I can remind myself that I have been dissed by some of the best salespeople in the US and what I am getting from this customer is nothing compared to that experience (Unless they fire the shotgun or actually loose the man-eating German Shepherd).

No it's not relevant here. Just because you sold books door to door 50 years ago as a summer job, and have no other sales experience, does not qualify you. The op is selling FE over the phone today. Particularly as the small amount of experience you have half a century ago with with a tangible product, and the op is selling an intangible. Just because you feel helpful, doesn't mean you are helping. You are just getting in the way and creating noise. I'm sorry if this hurts your feelings and whatever misguided attempts you are making to be helpful, but the op is trying to put food on the table, and you are just muddying the water.

Last edited:
No it's not relevant relevant here. Just because you sold books door to door 50 years ago as a summer job, and have no other sales experience, does not qualify you as an adviser to someone selling FE over the phone. Particularly as the small amount of experience you have half a century ago with with a tangible product, and the op is selling an intangible. Just because you feel helpful, doesn't mean you are helping. You are just getting in the way and creating noise.

If you read the op's post carefully, you would see a couple of basic sales problems there which precede any choice of product to be sold or the choice of whether to communicate with the prospect by doorknocking or by telephone.

If you read the op's post carefully, you would see a couple of basic sales problems there which precede any choice of product to be sold or the choice of whether to communicate with the prospect by doorknocking or by telephone.

I have never heard of people using aged leads to door knock. So there isn't a "choice" there.

What "choices" of product to sell does he have based on his post and your "expertise"?

Last edited:
I have never heard of people using aged leads to door knock. So there isn't a "choice" there.

What "choices" of product to sell does he have based on his post and your "expertise"?

Where did I say I could, would or should define the op's product choice?

Back