Calling During Weekends

I have used aged leads to door knock and I am sure that I am not the only one.. And, the basic principles of selling are the same no matter the product.

One of the issues which I see op having to confront in dealing with the idea of people " not doing business on ....." on weekend days when he/she wants to call them or call on them, is to recognize or remember that there are faith based groups who consider Saturday to be the Sabbath and protect their activities on that day with more conviction than many Evangelical Christians protect their Sundays.

Another issue, preceding any specific choice of product, is for a sales person to recognize that "I don't do business on ......" may, or may not, be a genuine statement of belief and conviction on the part of the person making it. To be doing their job well, the salesperson needs to do a little more probing and evaluation to determine where that comment came from. At least that is what 3 levels of sales managers and other student sales people who supervised no one, but were very successful, all told me. (And they were all dependent upon commission for income.)

(and before responding, I checked op's state of residence - which is TN where I have worked and the specific forum the thread was in, which is not product specific.)

Thank you for making that post.

I have never heard of people using aged leads to door knock. So there isn't a "choice" there.

What "choices" of product to sell does he have based on his post and your "expertise"?
Well now you have. I've done it in the past, and still do if I've never gotten ahold of them. I just pitched every unsold type of lead I had that was over 6 years old. I'll work an aged lead or targeted data list that's old. If they're still alive, they're a prospect. :yes:

Many years ago I got my insurance start at a VERY unpopular insurance company that will remain un-named here. I used to go into the office early in the morning, including Saturdays, load up on coffee and start dialing at around 8:30 am. I never got anyone yelling at me because it was a Saturday or about it being early. Full disclosure - this was before the DNC law.

I drew the line at Sunday and never called then, but just because I didn't want to - not because of effectiveness. I remember at that time we had a guy who called people mostly on Sundays, and he was one of the office superstars. Maybe it was the element of surprise working in his favor.

I would like to add that I think there are a lot better ways to spend my time than cold calling lists, no matter what day or time it is.

Many years ago I got my insurance start at a VERY unpopular insurance company that will remain un-named here. I used to go into the office early in the morning, including Saturdays, load up on coffee and start dialing at around 8:30 am. I never got anyone yelling at me because it was a Saturday or about it being early. Full disclosure - this was before the DNC law.

I drew the line at Sunday and never called then, but just because I didn't want to - not because of effectiveness. I remember at that time we had a guy who called people mostly on Sundays, and he was one of the office superstars. Maybe it was the element of surprise working in his favor.

I would like to add that I think there are a lot better ways to spend my time than cold calling lists, no matter what day or time it is.

This was also almost 20 years ago now if it was pre-DNC. I'm not saying cold calling can't work, but it is a much different world.

This was also almost 20 years ago now if it was pre-DNC. I'm not saying cold calling can't work, but it is a much different world.

You're right it's a completely different world from those days. Calling isn't nearly as effective as it was back then. If it's a qualified lead then that's a different story, and I doubt it makes a difference what day or time you call. My days of cold-calling a voter registration list are over.

Latest posts

Back