Calling from a Home Office

Tom,

Just curious, do you have kids at home too?

I've got 3 kids and a wife and I find it nearly impossible to have a steady block of time to dedicate towards my business.

I've had to work out of my car (and my wife really likes knowing that I'm "out of the house" as well).

Every day when I go to the mailbox someone else has their hand out for a check. Hope I don't develop "mailbox reluctance". Call reluctance is bad enough.

Tom,

Just curious, do you have kids at home too?

I've got 3 kids and a wife and I find it nearly impossible to have a steady block of time to dedicate towards my business.

I've had to work out of my car (and my wife really likes knowing that I'm "out of the house" as well).
Yup. Especially with it getting cooler now, that may work. Pick me out a good shade tree and smile and dial. Zero distractions, except the radio, and i can do without that.

this is why I just got out, and rented an office, on the cheap.

Just go out there, and find an office room to rent, heck, $300 or $400.... it will do wonders to your motivation, and if 400 a month is a killer.... perhaps it is time to reevaluate career.

Hi Tom,

If you have a few minutes to chat, I can give you some ideas to stay motivated and focused.

Selling from home isn't for everyone. Some need an office environment to be consistent producers. However, setting daily and weekly activity goals and then tracking your success works for many. I have an activity worksheet and tracking system I can share with you to keep you on task. Lots of other good ideas to share as well.

Send me an email with your availability next week.

Well, I took a few minutes to do some calls and set up an appt for somebody I've been working a LONG time, we'll close a sale on Monday.

I guess I just need to get off my lazy arse and JUST DO IT!

Please don't take this as a slam, because it applies to many. There is no excuse for not working and you just need to do it. Do this for 2 weeks religously, and once you see that it works, it will be easier to do.

Get out of bed at 6:00 a.m. Do your paperwork until 8 or so. Do not do anything, like talk on the phone(non cold calls), send emails, clean your office, etc. MAKE 8-5 SELLING TIME ONLY!!! NOTHING BUT SELLING, constantly talking to people. In the evening cold call from 6:30-8. Call it a day then do it all over again. SALES WILL COME IF YOU DO THIS. As an example, I am sitting in Cincinnati and I have sold 2 major medical plans while up here, and they both were referrals from people that I have sold Med. Supps to, and they were cold calls. If you work 8 hours a day, things will fall into your lap.

Please don't take this as a slam, because it applies to many. There is no excuse for not working and you just need to do it. Do this for 2 weeks religously, and once you see that it works, it will be easier to do.

Get out of bed at 6:00 a.m. Do your paperwork until 8 or so. Do not do anything, like talk on the phone(non cold calls), send emails, clean your office, etc. MAKE 8-5 SELLING TIME ONLY!!! NOTHING BUT SELLING, constantly talking to people. In the evening cold call from 6:30-8. Call it a day then do it all over again. SALES WILL COME IF YOU DO THIS. As an example, I am sitting in Cincinnati and I have sold 2 major medical plans while up here, and they both were referrals from people that I have sold Med. Supps to, and they were cold calls. If you work 8 hours a day, things will fall into your lap.
Dude, I take nothing from you as a slam. This is solid advice that I just don't know why it's so hard for me to implement. It may be that the Med Supp market, which i cold call for, is tough in Alabama, and i AM getting call reluctance.

So many of the posts in this thread have been spot on, and I need to APPLY all this wisdom and NOT BE LAZY!! You dudes are trying to help, not criticize. I hope there are some others out there who can benefit from this stuff, because it's gold.

Just remember....

Don't do today what you can put off till tomorrow.

Dan

Back