Calling from a Home Office

I hope there are some others out there who can benefit from this stuff, because it's gold.

Hey man, I have been doing this for more than a couple years and I am where you are a lot. With time you will learn to shake it off. And get back in the fight. The trick is not to let it run to long.
Find a way to switch it up. change your approach, dress differently, play some music in the back ground...................... What the crap was I talking about???

Take the weekend off and wake up early Monday like vaDwayne suggested. Shower, shave and dress like you are going to work and Do.

Last edited:
Like many of you (probably) I do not have a physical office. I have to make my calls, do my paperwork, and everything else from my home office. Once I'm going, it's fine, but lately I'm finding all sorts of distractions to keep me from doing what I should be doing (like what in the world am I doing here on a Friday afternoon rather than calling?).

To those of you who work from home, how do you focus entirely on prospecting? Should I be going to the library and sitting in a cubicle, or sitting in my car, or just motivated enough to only do calls while I'm in my home office?

Help a brother out!

You need to get up early, dress up and be outside. If you don't like being outside at least dress up (put on a tie if you will). Prospects can tell the difference even if they don't see you.

VaDwayne, according to your schedule you are putting in 14 hour days on average. I'm not knocking your system or dedication....if... you are a fairly new agent. If, after several years, you still have to work those kind of hours, your system is flawed and needs an adjustment.

I have worked alone for so long it is just natural. Biggest distraction around the house is seeing all the things that need to be done, like yard work, painting, repairs, etc.

I don't have a routine as such. I do get up early, around 6 AM and get a lot of things done before the phones start ringing. I also work on my laptop in the evening and on weekends. Pretty much non-stop which means I don't have a life. But I enjoy what I do and that is what keeps me going.

Plus the fact I lost a lot of money a few years back on a business venture and I am trying to recoup.

Back