Can I Specialize In Senior Market Year Round?

Been doing senior health, mostly med sup now all year long for years. Rarely sell anything in my county. Work over the phone in 24 states. It is not easy pickens, but it can be done. Nice when the renewals build after a few years!

Love the enthusiasm! That's fades pretty quickly once you get to the part in the MA certification process about "unsolicited contacts." I remember thinking, "Great, my career is over before it's even started!"

Keep in mind though, even with a 40% MA penetration rate, that means the majority still have Med Supps! And if you go get top contracts with the most competitive plan F, G, & N's in your area, you can still clean up! Just don't pick up United Healthcare. They are the only one I know that makes you sign off that you won't solicit medicare beneficiaries.

So you are saying that they wont allow me to telemarket and solicit medsupps for their company? Is this the UHC/AARP medsupp?

So you are saying that they wont allow me to telemarket and solicit medsupps for their company? Is this the UHC/AARP medsupp?
Yep! But some people still want it even after you show them you can get them a better price. It's a brand thing for some people.

I'll write it only if they bring it up first and I can't talk them out of it!

Yep! But some people still want it even after you show them you can get them a better price. It's a brand thing for some people.

I'll write it only if they bring it up first and I can't talk them out of it!

That is soooooooooooooooooo stupid. Not sure if I want them now, I was getting ready to add them. I use telemarketing almost 90% to generate leads, if I cant write UHC/AARP whats the use of having them, unless you mean I lead with another company, then if they ask about AARP then I can talk about them, can you let me know if that is correct? Thanks. By the way, all my marketing is vanilla and non brand specific if that matters.

That is soooooooooooooooooo stupid. Not sure if I want them now, I was getting ready to add them. I use telemarketing almost 90% to generate leads, if I cant write UHC/AARP whats the use of having them, unless you mean I lead with another company, then if they ask about AARP then I can talk about them, can you let me know if that is correct? Thanks. By the way, all my marketing is vanilla and non brand specific if that matters.

Using mailers, Internet leads are ok and changing previous clients is ok and FE clients are ok too
The only thing you would have in issue with is cold calling or unsolicited contact

Not really sure how it plays where you lead with another company and say there are some conditions where they don't qualify but AARP will take them

That is something I would like to know myself as I am exploring some different types and may try some telemarketer

AARP Is a must in some states

Also AARP will take some hard cases no other carrier will take

They are a great tool to have in the tool box
but not meant to be the whole tool box

Using mailers, Internet leads are ok and changing previous clients is ok and FE clients are ok too
The only thing you would have in issue with is cold calling or unsolicited contact

Not really sure how it plays where you lead with another company and say there are some conditions where they don't qualify but AARP will take them

That is something I would like to know myself as I am exploring some different types and may try some telemarketer

AARP Is a must in some states

Also AARP will take some hard cases no other carrier will take

They are a great tool to have in the tool box
but not meant to be the whole tool box

Hmmmm, well isnt this a pickle!! I mean its a med supp, not a MA plan. Ill go ahead and get them.

To the OP yes there are more than enough people not only turning 65 each day to last throughout the year, but also those who already have Med supps that you can help to save money on their premiums by changing plans/companies. Med Supp to Med supp changes do not apply to the AEP, leaving massive opportunity year round.

They key, however, is to be able to find those people both in AEP and out. I've done just Med Supps for the last 5 years with no desire to get into MAPD's until it's absolutely necessary, which hopefully it never will be.

Best Wishes!

To the OP yes there are more than enough people not only turning 65 each day to last throughout the year, but also those who already have Med supps that you can help to save money on their premiums by changing plans/companies. Med Supp to Med supp changes do not apply to the AEP, leaving massive opportunity year round.

They key, however, is to be able to find those people both in AEP and out. I've done just Med Supps for the last 5 years with no desire to get into MAPD's until it's absolutely necessary, which hopefully it never will be.

Best Wishes!
What's wrong with Medicare advantage?

My GA told my office in a meeting last month that our carrier's Medicare Advantage has increased in price by 30 bucks, where before it cost zero premium. He and the agents looked disappointed and flustered. Is this a normal reaction to have when Medicare advantage premiums go up?

I asked that question to an experienced agent and he said my office and GA is "lowbrow". What does he mean by that?

Back