Can you share your comments?

OK - I'm sick of old people, sick of sick people, sick of final expense, sick of MA's - just sick of it all - BUT - I believe there is good money to be made in selling insurance and building a team that does the same.

So - my journey now takes me to the worksite market and small employer types.

Going to sell over the phone / web. No face to face.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, have to agree with the last post. The IFP market is still in its early years of being sold via the web, the next market will most likely be small (baby group).... but from 29 years of working in the group market... you'll be a dismal failure for at least the next 5-8 years trying to sell voluntary product via the phone/web.... and I'm a huge beleiver in techonolgy and automating everything.

Voluntary product is the emerging untapped market as far as product goes, but it has to "sold" "enrolled" and that requires face2face time/effort.... so for someone that is sick of (read above)..... you'll quickly tire of employees that want it all for free and whine about a 7 a week deduction.....

Best of luck to you though...... I would certainly make sure that Colonials' products were in my hip pocket though.

Mark -

I agree with your comments for the most part, but you are probably aware the WSM is advancing with technology as well. The larger groups are now being enrolled telephonically in conjunction with online enrollment 24/7.

Of course, trying to break in to that market is another story . . .

" Colonial Products "

Anyone with a decent MGA contract here?

Thanks,

Tom

Phone / Internet Marketing:

We are targeting 2 to 20 employee businesses that presently don't have any type of benefit program. If they already have one - we'll get their data and see if we can help them by switching and examine their workers comp / general liability while we're at it. But - actually - from my testing last week - I'd rather target those without any plan.

The "owners" / "managers" had no problem discussing via phone / email / webinar - they actually preferred it. Now - once the details are worked out and they enroll - then we'll go out and do an orientation for the group. Actually - with 10 cases a month - the underwriting carrier will send someone out for us.

We hope to be unique by educating them on the advantages of a HRA or FSA, and then merge that with our HD Cat plan, STD, Accident Plan, RX Plan and a basic Easy Issue Term Life. They can get the Dental plan - but in my opinion - this can be self funded through the HRA / FSA since none I've found are worth a crap.

We'll also have in our pocket an actual "group" product for those spoiled by co-pays and the like - but the commissions suck if you ask me.

I have all the carriers except the STD / LTD, Accident and RX. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way Indiana - yes - I am a dreamer! However - once I find my niche and develop a way to easily duplicate it - watch out - we'll blow 'em away. With me - what you see is what you get. I'm not scared to change and my reps don't mind either if it makes sense. However - with Health - we've found our niche. I just wish I had listened to John P 3 months ago!

Tom

We are targeting 2 to 20 employee businesses that presently don't have any type of benefit program. If they already have one - we'll get their data and see if we can help them by switching and examine their workers comp / general liability while we're at it. But - actually - from my testing last week - I'd rather target those without any plan.

The "owners" / "managers" had no problem discussing via phone / email / webinar - they actually preferred it. Now - once the details are worked out and they enroll - then we'll go out and do an orientation for the group. Actually - with 10 cases a month - the underwriting carrier will send someone out for us.

We hope to be unique by educating them on the advantages of a HRA or FSA, and then merge that with our HD Cat plan, STD, Accident Plan, RX Plan and a basic Easy Issue Term Life. They can get the Dental plan - but in my opinion - this can be self funded through the HRA / FSA since none I've found are worth a crap.

We'll also have in our pocket an actual "group" product for those spoiled by co-pays and the like - but the commissions suck if you ask me.

I have all the carriers except the STD / LTD, Accident and RX. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way Indiana - yes - I am a dreamer! However - once I find my niche and develop a way to easily duplicate it - watch out - we'll blow 'em away. With me - what you see is what you get. I'm not scared to change and my reps don't mind either if it makes sense. However - with Health - we've found our niche. I just wish I had listened to John P 3 months ago!

Tom

If you are intending on being a Web Based buisness, You might start with creating a Website with Credibility.

Tom

Have you sold a group health plan?

Back