Career Agency- going bye bye?

.....I'm a baby in this business compared to most of you, but unlike most of you I've been self-employed for 33 years so that gives me a certain perspective that others with more direct insurance industry experience might not have. And as always, YMMV.

The Jackass

Al3, I am also a newby in this business who has been self-employed for 15 years.

I don't know how it used to be in the past, but the career agencies I was affiliated with made you pay for an office, parking, access to printer, faxes, marketing material etc. I'm assuming it wasn't always like this. Seems like they are nickling and diming the agents to stay profitable.

NWML is notorious for charging their agents for everything. Even made them pay for trips to conventions.

NWML requires their agents to pay for trips, even when they have "won" awards for production.

At least that has been the practice in the past and I assume that has not changed.

Yes...the "trip" where you end up spending thousands. I won a trip for production with a company I was with before my insurance gig.

I was responsible for airfare, food and activities. Ooookay? So basically I got free hotel - all I had to do was drop $800 on airfare for me and my wife, another grand or two on food/activities and I was set!

This is why I like Time trips:

Free airfare
Free room
Free food
Free activities
Envelope of cash just in case

Not that's a trip.

NWML requires their agents to pay for trips, even when they have "won" awards for production.

At least that has been the practice in the past and I assume that has not changed.

Wow, what's second prize- two trips?

Winter

Back