Carrier Reps - ALWAYS Hounding Us to Meet

OMG I thought it was just me, great thread. They milk run us like we milk run our CIOs for deals- LOL.

Now that its the last quarter, I have one coming in every few weeks. To seemingly waste my time.

Great topic. A good rep is valuable, but the ones that do most are the ones with my big carriers. So do the others do so little b/c of my volume or is it the other way around? Those worthless ones are THE WORST. I tell my principle: have them email me the numbers and lay this asshole off (not me, the rep ;-) )

I LOVED being a carrier rep!

For a while I had senior level UW authority for both PL and CL. I could spend a day each month processing your end of a bookroll, or I get on my laptop and document any required referrals. I could teach you our products and our systems. Whatever you needed. Eventually I got certified to teach CE and would do that for free for a good agency.

It's a shame those days are gone. We used to be really useful.

So much hate to these reps. They are just doing their job... Make their lives easier and simply give a firm declination to prevent unnecessary follow ups.

These reps believe in their product, and if they have failed to convince you, that is your own problem.

These days they're not insurance geeks ☺

They are salespeople making sales calls. No authority. Just pressured to end the year with positive growth and a loss ratio number. No real knowledge. No real skills.

Again, such a shame.

I'm not sure how carriers expect them to increase production. Had one rep essentially buy apps by offering me a bonus to give him x apps for the month. Another that stopped by last month and told me a couple of features on their online rater I didn't know about. But no idea how they are supposed to make any difference on a large scale. Guess the rep's are being treated about the same as us lol.

Going off this subject, what are a few qualities the "good" reps have (other than the actual product) that persuades the agent to give him/her the time of day to listen?

Back