• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Cheapest 30 yr non med level term age 29

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Never taken any medicine . He’ll never been to the dr . He won’t take a physical . Who’s the cheapest guaranteed 30 yr level $500 k ?

Is it non med ? I know some carriers do up to $1 mil non med

It has the possibility of non-med. Not guaranteed to be.
For young healthy clients, Id say more than 60% get non-med.

Banner, Penn, AIG, and LFG all have this type of program.

Banner will be the lowest cost 8/10 times.

For true SI, I think Assurity would be who you want. But it will be more expensive than the other options I mentioned. You could keep it as a backup.

Apply with Banner, see if he gets approved with no exam.
If he doesnt, pivot to Assurity.

Some carriers would be just an oral swab on this one. Guardian comes to mind in that group. But their 30y is a bit overpriced unless you just want to convert.

Last edited:
It has the possibility of non-med. Not guaranteed to be.
For young healthy clients, Id say more than 60% get non-med.

Banner, Penn, AIG, and LFG all have this type of program.

Banner will be the lowest cost 8/10 times.

For true SI, I think Assurity would be who you want. But it will be more expensive than the other options I mentioned. You could keep it as a backup.

Apply with Banner, see if he gets approved with no exam.
If he doesnt, pivot to Assurity.

Some carriers would be just an oral swab on this one. Guardian comes to mind in that group. But their 30y is a bit overpriced unless you just want to convert.
This.

No doctor visits, and Will not do an exam. Banner, Protective, AIG, LFG and a bunch of others are all the same price. However, As @scagnt83 said Assurity is non med and just a few dollars more. My experience tells me there is a reason for the no exam. Which is cool.

Assurity is also a very easy deal. Non F2F if you choose, non med, there may be a PHI, which I like for my own protection. Edelivery. And pays higher than most term plans.

Edit:

Banner - $37mo
Assurity - $44mo
Almost the same premium.

Is it non med ? I know some carriers do up to $1 mil non med
There are carriers that go to 5m non-med (I think Penn may go to 10m now).

The main issue is they like you to be able to fill in the "primary physician" section. I've seen that being left blank trigger an exam.

For a 29yo though, you may be in the clear. Not many 29yo men go to the doctor anyway.
Some carriers would be just an oral swab on this one.
The oral swab thing is dumb. I know that some people are afraid of needles or the agent doesn't want to risk adverse labs but half of the time the non-med is a convenience thing.

The oral swab is an extra step that seems pointless in most cases.

The oral swab thing is dumb. I know that some people are afraid of needles or the agent doesn't want to risk adverse labs but half of the time the non-med is a convenience thing.

I mostly agree.

I think the reasoning is 2 fold:

- Lots of people can lie about tobacco use in the express/non-med process.

- Its cheaper than a paramed for the carrier.

Supposedly it is faster. But that all depends on the client.

guessing the sole purpose is to look for hard drugs & tobacco to avoid giving a forever discounted non user rate that could be the difference of 10s of thousands in premiums over the decades or a quick death claim on hard drug user that might get caught on the saliva test. Script checks, medical billing & other algorithms are not likely finding hard drug use like actuaries would want to see.

I mostly agree.

I think the reasoning is 2 fold:

- Lots of people can lie about tobacco use in the express/non-med process.

- Its cheaper than a paramed for the carrier.

Supposedly it is faster. But that all depends on the client.

guessing the sole purpose is to look for hard drugs & tobacco to avoid giving a forever discounted non user rate that could be the difference of 10s of thousands in premiums over the decades or a quick death claim on hard drug user that might get caught on the saliva test. Script checks, medical billing & other algorithms are not likely finding hard drug use like actuaries would want to see.
That makes sense.

But if I have to arrange for an oral swab, I might as well get them stuck too and call it a day.

From an agent perspective, I'm not calling a swab non-med (even though it technically is) because it's an extra step.

Back