Checking Medicare enrollment on Medicare.gov?

I make a Medicare.Gov account with every client if they do not have one already. It shows us what their level of extra help/Medicaid is, what plan they are currently on, and how often they’ve changed plans since they enrolled in Medicare. Fun fact: If they’ve changed plans every year since they’ve had Medicare, you’re probably wasting your time.

You better exit the dual mkt . I’m betting the avg dual changes every 18 months . Had a woman last week that pulled out 4 cards. 2 co’s and she had the same plan 2 times for each the past 1 yr . I asked her why? She said she couldn’t say no. I packed my stuff quickly and exited. All these sites show 100’s of guys that have written 50 plus in 2 weeks . Outside massive rolling those #;s impossible . Means i write 100 and i lose 50. There’s not enough duals/lis for all to write 50.I saw were total aca agent’s up 34% from 2020 to 2021. Every imo on the planet pushing .

You better exit the dual mkt . I’m betting the avg dual changes every 18 months . Had a woman last week that pulled out 4 cards. 2 co’s and she had the same plan 2 times for each the past 1 yr . I asked her why? She said she couldn’t say no. I packed my stuff quickly and exited. All these sites show 100’s of guys that have written 50 plus in 2 weeks . Outside massive rolling those #;s impossible . Means i write 100 and i lose 50. There’s not enough duals/lis for all to write 50.I saw were total aca agent’s up 34% from 2020 to 2021. Every imo on the planet pushing .

Been told that many times. Been in the market 5 years and my year over year persistency is 90 percent. I was trained by a guy who built a book of over 3000, all in the Dual/LIS market, also with 90 percent year over year persistency. The reason brokers fail out of the dual market is because they don’t take the time to understand what the client actually wants, they aren’t thorough enough with the sale, and they don’t engage with them throughout the year.

For example, you claim that most duals switch plans every year, when only 42 percent of duals even have an MAPD at all. Telesales agents spend their days flipping the same 15 percent of the dual market from plan to plan, and then blame the market when they lose a horrendous amount of them. With all the respect I can muster, you keep saying the market sucks. Have you ever considered that it might be you that sucks? Food for thought lol

Plus anyone who has access to your MyMedicare also can view your PHI and other HIPAA related data.

Just to be clear for anyone who may be getting naughty ideas, we HELP them create the account with their own username and password. We view it at the POS with their permission, and we do not save the account information or check it from year to year.

Creating a MC.gov account for every client isn't a waste of time? Most carriers have a lookup tool that provides most of that information. As much as I hate dealing with PDPs, changing plans every year is probably the wise thing to do. Wouldn't you do the same for yourself?

It’s not a waste of time at all. Takes less than 5 minutes. We could use UHC’s tool, but the point is that THEY have access to the info now. They can see their extra help status and every plan that they’ve ever enrolled into and when. The more awake they are about their healthcare, the more likely they are to call us when they have questions, and the less likely they are to give their Medicare number out Willy nilly.

A client who changes from a plan that’s meeting their needs already to the next shiny thing without hesitation every year is the reddest of flags. Don’t waste your time.

A wise man once said: Not my circus. Not my monkeys.

FWIW, when a client calls 800-MEDICARE they can access SOME of your informatiion through the CMS database, but they are NOT permitted to ask for or use your MyMedicare login.

What agents may or may not do is up to them.

Back