Client forgot to sign up for Part B

AIABROKER

Expert
MI
So I sold a client a Med Supp June 2017 for a July 1, 2017 effective date. She was supposed to sign up for Part B with that 7/1/17 effective date. I get a call from her today saying she forgot to sign up for Part B. So she will not be eligible for Part B coverage to begin until July 1, 2019.

Even though she has a Med Supp. Plan F, I understand it will not pay any claims for Part B services. Is there any other plan available, like a limited medical plan or indemnity that would cover those outpatient expenses? The client's age is 72. I appreciate any ideas!

I think you meant 2018, but why is she not eligible now to sign up? When did she lose her group coverage?

She lost her group coverage 6/30/2017. It's my understanding that she would now not be able to sign up for Part B until January 1, 2019 for a 7/1/2019 effective date.

She was supposed to sign up for Part B for a 7/1/2017 effective date. She didn't realize she didn't sign up until now.

She lost her group coverage 6/30/2017. It's my understanding that she would now not be able to sign up for Part B until January 1, 2019 for a 7/1/2019 effective date.

She was supposed to sign up for Part B for a 7/1/2017 effective date. She didn't realize she didn't sign up until now.
Is it 2017 or 2018? If it was lost coverage on 06/30/2017 she was SOL after 8 months, but if she just lost it 06/30/2018 she has 8 months to sign up for part B on loss of group coverage.

I don't understand clients that "forget" to enroll in Part A or B. After we educate them that Part B requires a monthly premium, don't they realize it's not being deducted from their SS check or however they decide to pay? Or doesn't the Med Supp carrier notify them?

Peterson International (piu.org) offers The Bridge Plan that may help here. Note that is medically underwritten. I tried uploading it but the file is too large.

Yes, I believe she is SOL... I signed her up for a Med Supp. plan F through AARP with the understanding that she was enrolling in Part B. Her husband did this but she did not. I don't know how they messed this up. Her husband is a Dr. and she probably thought he would take care of everything...

Did UHC issue the policy?

Did they collect premiums?

Have they paid claims?

Pay you a commission? If so, chargeback.

When did AARP start writing Medigap insurance?

Back