Client forgot to sign up for Part B

Did UHC issue the policy?

Did they collect premiums?

Have they paid claims?

Pay you a commission? If so, chargeback.

When did AARP start writing Medigap insurance?

He did say it was "through" AARP....he didn't say it was "with" AARP. Does that make a difference? :laugh:

Had a case like this 3 months ago. They are stuck until July. The only way is to get some type of exception from social security but this never really happens unless somehting really out of the norm happened.

Had a client do this, I advised he call 1800MEDICARE and demand an exception. It took about 4 months but eventually they got him on Part B, no late fee, didn't have to wait until GEP.

Did UHC issue the policy?

Did they collect premiums?

Have they paid claims?

Pay you a commission? If so, chargeback.

When did AARP start writing Medigap insurance?

Ha, Ha... I meant UHC of course.

Yes, I was paid a commission on this. I don't believe any claims were paid. She went to have some Part B procedure done and the Dr. office checked her coverage before and told her she did not have Part B.

It looks like we will put her with the Peterson Int'l Bridge plan.

Had to ask.

There are a few agents here who believe AARP is an A+ rated insurance carrier.

Those agents should lose their license!

You make a good point though. I need to start talking more about UHC rather than AARP. I always first ask if they are AARP members to test the water. There are many conservatives that hate the political side of AARP. So often times I have to change companies quickly. However, once I tell them that the other companies are going to be $20 more per month, many cave in and go with UHC because they are the least expensive.

Back