Client forgot to sign up for Part B

Those agents should lose their license!

You make a good point though. I need to start talking more about UHC rather than AARP. I always first ask if they are AARP members to test the water. There are many conservatives that hate the political side of AARP. So often times I have to change companies quickly. However, once I tell them that the other companies are going to be $20 more per month, many cave in and go with UHC because they are the least expensive.
Must be a state thing. AARP Insurance Co. has never been competitive in my state. UHC either. :nah:

They’ve been the lowest or right at it for 10 years here with the lowest rate increases since I’ve been in the biz
Yeah, I know you've said that. Seems like Vic said they're the lowest in New York. Other than those 2 states, I don't think I've heard of them being competitive.

Yeah, I know you've said that. Seems like Vic said they're the lowest in New York. Other than those 2 states, I don't think I've heard of them being competitive.

I don't have numbers :unsure: but doesn't UHC have the largest market share in Georgia with some of the lowest rate increases?

I think I heard that somewhere but you know what happens when I get on here late at night...

I don't have numbers :unsure: but doesn't UHC have the largest market share in Georgia with some of the lowest rate increases?

I think I heard that somewhere but you know what happens when I get on here late at night...
I think that UHC probably has the largest market share in a lot of states, as they have the largest market share nationally. Their association with AARP has no doubt put them in that position.

They might have the lowest increases, but I'll bet they start out high.

She might be able to sign up for an ACA plan but she could not get a Fed Subsidy, starting with OEP 11-1-18 to 12-15-18 for a 1-1-19 effective date. Then she could drop it June 30,2019 if she had applied for Part B between 1-1-19 to 3-31-19 for a 7-1-19 effective date. Probably an expensive option but guaranteed isue, no wait for Pre-ex.

I think that UHC probably has the largest market share in a lot of states, as they have the largest market share nationally. Their association with AARP has no doubt put them in that position.

They might have the lowest increases, but I'll bet they start out high.
T65, female, non-smoker, no HH disc, with Western $110, UHC $125, MOO $140, and others in between and up.

I look at this from the point of UHC is middle of the road with stable rate increases. I realize I could place the client with a lower premium initially but likely big rate hikes at some point. What if they can't get through UW to move to another plan later? This is where (at least in my mind) going with a little higher premium is often the safer choice.

I don't know if my own personal experience clouds my perception. I would like to know if there is something I'm missing...

T65, female, non-smoker, no HH disc, with Western $110, UHC $125, MOO $140, and others in between and up.

I look at this from the point of UHC is middle of the road with stable rate increases. I realize I could place the client with a lower premium initially but likely big rate hikes at some point. What if they can't get through UW to move to another plan later? This is where (at least in my mind) going with a little higher premium is often the safer choice.

I don't know if my own personal experience clouds my perception. I would like to know if there is something I'm missing...
I can only speak for my state as it's the only one I'm licensed in. Personally, I'll go with the lower rate now. I've had a small % that I haven't been able to move and UHC comes in at the 46th best rate.

I can only speak for my state as it's the only one I'm licensed in. Personally, I'll go with the lower rate now. I've had a small % that I haven't been able to move and UHC comes in at the 46th best rate.

It may be that I still need more experience and perspective. I completely get going with a lower rate to save someone money. Then I think about my own parents and 4 people (a possible 5th) in my small book that have cancer. Perhaps it's in the air here.

Yes, time and perspective...

I'm sure different regions are healthier than others, too.

It may be that I still need more experience and perspective. I completely get going with a lower rate to save someone money. Then I think about my own parents and 4 people (a possible 5th) in my small book that have cancer. Perhaps it's in the air here.

Yes, time and perspective...

I'm sure different regions are healthier than others, too.
You have to do it the way you believe is right. Everybody doesn't have the same philosophy about the way they run their business.

After you familiarize yourself with different companies and their underwriting, you'll probably feel more comfortable going with price, because you'll know that most conditions can be covered by someone when it's time to move them to another company. I even tell them that I'll switch them every few years to keep their price as low as possible...as long as they're able to pass underwriting.

Also, if you stick them in a much higher premium, you're giving them a reason to let another agent in their house, that can save them $20-$30 a month or more.

Back