Closing the Sale... "I Need to Think About It"

Here's the video - Final Expense Is BOUGHT, Not SOLD!

Thanks for the reco, Mr. Galt.

The purpose of this video is to explain to new agents that he needs to focus on finding HIS GUY - the prospect that GETS why life insurance is important, but is UNSURE as to which TYPE to buy.

Selling is NOT about convincing someone to buy from you who is not a qualified prospect; that's the perception of salesmanship Hollywood wants people to believe.

What TRUE selling is about is finding a QUALIFIED prospect... who ALREADY has the underlying emotional reason to have life insurance... but NEEDS to be sold on WHICH option is the BEST for him.

When final expense agents focus their efforts on that nuanced but fundamental difference, they will begin to manage their time better and sell more policies.

You are welcome, this video will really help this guy. It should be an eye opener for a TON of agents, you nailed it with this one.:yes:

Can't hurt? Insurance is a different animal.

Every month there is a new mortgage, real estate, car, vacuum, home improvement, copier, timeshare....... Superstar that thinks they know how to sell insurance. I am not saying that is you however, those guys you are listening to have forgotten more about insurance than you will know for the first year.

I'm figuring on a learning curve from the start. My experience with most things is the first 3 months your learning how to do the job, the second 3 months what works best, and the final 6 months of the first year learning to do it well.

If I thought that everything from what I'm doing now would transfer over 100% I'm either fooling myself or I'm setting myself up for failure. I thought more of my last position would transfer to my current one but I was wrong. Very, very wrong. Quite a bit did, just not as much as I thought.

My experience with most things is the first 3 months your learning how to do the job, the second 3 months what works best, and the final 6 months of the first year learning to do it well.

I don't believe you know what works best after 3 months.

I am a decade into this insurance game and I just found a better and more efficient way to do my presentation 4 months ago (I no longer ask "the 3 reasons").

The truth is you will NEVER stop learning and finding out better ways to do things. What is "WORKING THE BEST" today is old news and inefficient in the future "IF" you are CONSTANTLY evolving and IMPROVING your game.

AGAIN, just my thoughts, but what do I know :)

I don't believe you know what works best after 3 months.

I am a decade into this insurance game and I just found a better and more efficient way to do my presentation 4 months ago (I no longer ask "the 3 reasons").

The truth is you will NEVER stop learning and finding out better ways to do things. What is "WORKING THE BEST" today is old news and inefficient in the future "IF" you are CONSTANTLY evolving and IMPROVING your game.

AGAIN, just my thoughts, but what do I know :)

I should have said that is just what I would expect in the first year. I agree that you should always be learning and improving.

I've seen what happens when people don't update how they do things, I worked for a company that was that way. I've also seen the failure of the "this works in location X, it should work anywhere on the planet" model.

I can relate to people who want to take a little time before making a financial commitment, which is probably why I struggle with this one. What have you found to be the most effective way to close a sale when the prospect insists that they need time to think about it? Of course, the first thing that comes to my mind is that when you're eighty-something years old you never know if you'll have another chance... not sure how to say that tactfully though.... Input appreciated!

1. Go back to bringing up the need, ask about the beneficiary, and make a bold statement. "When you kick the bucket, is your sweet wife here the one that is going to be stuck running around, trying to figure what to do with ya?"

2. Pull out your ID and License and convince them that you are honest and will be there to help them and to help your family when you get the call "he's dead, what do I do?" I have a canned statement that I make about how I would never endanger losing my insurance license and would never lie to them.

3. Finish with, "can I make a suggestion?", then I go back to the bottom option if I think they can afford it. If I need to do one last price drop, then we do that.

THIS IS THE FORMULA that works the best for me. When done correctly, this can be highly effective.

Back