Cold Calling is powerful

Even if they can replace it, they have to find it first. Most of my clients have never been called by another agent. It might be slightly more likely to happen when you write a direct mail respondent since they may be a serial mailer.

That is probably very true. Also the majority of my FE people don't really fit the demographics of the poorest of the poor. My 'FE' are probably lower middle class or working class.

I am just poking the bear

Cold calling will generate you some sales if you work hard enough. The problem with cold calling is you have so many extra "no's" in between the "yesses". That means your profit per hour is lowered quite a bit, and you might make more $$$ working at McDonald's.

This is a business and you need to invest accordingly if you want a robust successful business. Invest in fresh, exclusive, highly targeted leads. Your profit per hour increases much more than enough to pay for your investment on leads.

Here's an example of what you would want if you're in the final expense arena.....

Senior Life Insurance Company Affordable Life Plan TV Commercial, 'Important Message'

I disagree with this. It depends on the value of a "Yes". Selling a term policy is the start of a relationship that can last for years and the relationship could be worth a fortune.

The best sales scripts have questions to draw the prospect into a conversation and then allow the agent to solve the objection or problem and not just "rebutt" them.
I would just prospect for interest and let the rest go. If you make calls you will have conversations. If people don't want to talk or have no interest, save your energy and make another call. (definitely use a dialer).

Cold calling can only be done to landlines that aren't on DNC. What is that 4% of US households?

Now imagine those same households being dialed by every cold calling operation in the world.

Is cold calling still a viable solution today? There are far better ways
You can probably call anyway or you could call businesses. You can call Realtors all day long.

If you're courteous, and only representing yourself (not a huge name-brand firm), and you listen if they say "we're on the DNC" and you respond with "I apologize. I'll update my records immediately. Thank you for your time", you probably won't have any issues.

It's the people who don't listen and continuously call that (I believe) get in the most serious trouble. It's one thing to make a call "on accident". It's quite another to continually harass people - particularly with robo-dialers.

If you're courteous, and only representing yourself (not a huge name-brand firm), and you listen if they say "we're on the DNC" and you respond with "I apologize. I'll update my records immediately. Thank you for your time", you probably won't have any issues.

It's the people who don't listen and continuously call that (I believe) get in the most serious trouble. It's one thing to make a call "on accident". It's quite another to continually harass people - particularly with robo-dialers.
Sure can be expensive if you do have an issue.... Pray you don't happen to dial a "DNC Violation Shopper"...

Still an f****** up world where it's US CItizens that have to be held liable to the laws of the country, but not everyone else outside of it dialing into it.

And I still get calls for IRS scams, Social Security Scams, Student Loan scams, and the damn auto warranties. Does anybody care about those? They sure bitch, whine, and complain, but it doesn't curb them.

All I'm trying to do is make a professional introduction and let them decide from there. Ugh.

/end rant

Latest posts

Back