Cold Calls > Buying Leads - I'm Convinced

You are 100% correct about Mike Kruzich and AION. Lies, lies and lies lol His entire marketing and agency building was built on my proof of production. Was a former friend who I handed my hard work to and now he sells agents on it. I've never met a more deceiving piece of crap in my life and I feel badly for all of the agents who pay him to sign up on his misleading marketing. All of this is explained in detail on another thread, not going to break down the details of how he is a lying sack of bricks who steals methods and material from other successful agents and markets it as his own. (I'm not the only one he has stolen from)

If you want to learn what the big hype is, here is how it goes:
1. Get a dialer through salesdialers.com
2. pick a niche Business market like realtors, contractors, mortgage officers, attorneys, truck drivers, etc. You can buy these list realtorsemail.com or you can go to referenceusa.com or you can go to yellow pages and click down the list or you can add "data miner" chrome extension and mine data from the internet.
3. Call these mofos and say " hi john? This is Mike. Did I catch you at a bad time? Again, my name is Mike, I'm the broker at Family insurance guys and I'm calling to see if I can email you a quote on your life insurance."
4. No rebuttals - if they say yes, confirm their email address, ask basic questions: height/weight, smoking status, any prescriptions of medical conditions, how much coverage would they want quoted and do they want a quote for spouse or partner.
5. email the quote: Here is the template I use
" Hello Patricia!
You received a call from my assistant regarding low cost life insurance. My name is Michael and I'm the insurance broker who is going to help you qualify. I will speak with you soon to discuss the best prices, benefits and to help you get started with the application process.
Just FYI: One of the things my clients say they love about working with our brokerage is that everything is done over the phone and email. We work quickly, efficiently and effectively on your behalf. Most clients take care of their insurance needs in less than 15 min.

I have attached your quotes that you may qualify for based on the answers you gave us.

I look forward to working with you. If there is a preferred time you’d like to chat, let me know; otherwise, you’ll hear from me soon."

6. Call them the next day or two and say " Hey John! This is Mike the insurance broker. I emailed you a quote on your life insurance. Did you get a chance to look at that?" and then take the convo from there. Most times they have not and then you'll go into "Life is busy huh? I get that. let's schedule a time that works for both of us. I have ____ open. Does that work?"

7. Have email drip going out that talks about life insurance, your service and different products. Nothing fancy and it doesn't have to be complicated. If you want these email templates email me [email protected]

8. Keep following up 1 a week or so until they are ready to buy.

easy-peezy and no BS.

One thing AION does not market? IT IS NOT A VIABLE METHOD OF PRODUCING ON YOUR OWN BECAUSE IT IS A PIPELINE DRIVEN METHOD. YOU WILL NEED TO HIRE A TELEMARKETER AFTER A SHORT WHILE TO DO THE COLD CALLING FOR YOU.

Lastly, for anyone else wondering, I am the agent Mike K stole the method from and I'm the agent he talks about his marketing that produced over 60k in a month. Mike K does not have a persistency of over 80% cause he doesnt sell insurance and hasn't in a very long time. I've had over 12 agents that signed up under him reach out and ask for help. You know why? Cause he doesn't sell insurance and does not sell over the phone. Failed lead vendor, failed f2f agency, failed call center. So if you are reading this and you already signed up, I'm not saying you can't have success, because after all it is MY method and strategies he is selling, but I am saying you should reconsider giving your hard earned money to an upline who deserves the true value of hard work. A person who is willing to blatantly lie to the public over and over again is not someone who deserves anyone's hard earned money.

Good luck ya'll.

There were several things, but one of the things that made me so suspicious of him was how he had all these proven concepts and training, being so young.

I'm in the process of being licensed to sell commercial/personal P&C lines as an independent. Joining an agency who has relationships in place.

Is cold calling common in P&C? Seems to me most people talk about life insurance within the context of cold calling/door knocking.

I have a small circle of influence in the state I'm currently getting licensed in, so I was planning to cold call and knock doors to get started.

I read a bunch of this thread and one question that pops into my head is if one decides to cold call, how do they know they aren't calling someone on the do not call list?

MyGenericName123, I am 100% commercial p&c independent. I stopped selling personal a few years ago. Go out and door knock and cold call to get your first few clients. While you are doing that, watch lots of videos, read articles, especially ones on here on how to get referrals. Focus on a niche and get good at asking for referrals, and you won't need to do much cold calling. Trust me, it worked for me.

Cold calling p&c to small businesses you have the upper hand. Not many p&c agents do any cold calling. Plus you're helping them save money which they really like. Can be done 100% over the phone/email/fax. If you're multi state licensed, even better. Go after niche markets that your broker is competitive in such as restaurants, beauty salons, auto repair shops, grocers, florists, etc...

so glad I came across this post! Was debating for quite a while if I should join Aion. Something just didn't seem right. CA SOS site says Aion Insurance Marketing LLC is currently FTB suspended lol

A confirmed physical/phone appointment with a decision maker. Proper employee counts, classes, already know what carrier their with which broker how long with broker is 99% of the time going to be better then a cold call. hands down. Its just expensive upfront

Cold calling p&c to small businesses you have the upper hand. Not many p&c agents do any cold calling. Plus you're helping them save money which they really like. Can be done 100% over the phone/email/fax. If you're multi state licensed, even better. Go after niche markets that your broker is competitive in such as restaurants, beauty salons, auto repair shops, grocers, florists, etc...

this is surprising to me. How are P&C commercial agents finding business if they aren't cold calling and walking into businesses? Are they relying completely on networking and word of mouth?

In the beginning I did canvassing, cold calling, advertising, purchased internet leads, and called on old office leads the owner couldn't close. After a while it was 100% referrals, word of mouth and networking.

Correct, a lot of agents won't cold call. Its also true most agents don't make it.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

In the beginning I did canvassing, cold calling, advertising, purchased internet leads, and called on old office leads the owner couldn't close. After a while, it was 100% referrals, word of mouth and networking.

Correct, a lot of agents won't cold call. Its also true most agents don't make it.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
It's a shame it takes a trainwreck of a post like this to flush out a few good points... but Mark is dead on with this. In CL cold calling can be very effective and is one of several ways to get going and after a bit it becomes self-perpetuating. I use a system of developing lists from Reference USA which is free with membership in almost every city or county library. Search by your successful SIC codes, hit up the business owners by name... targeting and really learning a class of business makes it so much easier to sell... when you have tapped out your target region move on to the next SIC code...

Anyway...

My final 2 cents... in P&C Cold calling still is effective because you can target, Robocalls would not be nearly as effective. Business insurance is not something that lends well to commoditization. Real people, real cold calls, and real Q&A wins the most deals. Any system can work, but it may take different levels of money, volume, and effort. For me, dialing for dollars, and getting out and walking into my targeted business' was the MOST effective. I am the one who knocks... on doors.

Side note on that dojo guys site, at the bottom he has a disclaimer... A clever, but lame way to boost your search engine rankings maybe? I dunno but...

This site is not a part of the Facebook website or Facebook, Inc. Additionally, this website is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. Facebook is a trademark of FACEBOOK, INC.

Back