Colt 45 close?

In another life I went with some New York hard ass to watch him pitch some business owners. Halfway through one of the partners got up to leave, said he had to go somewhere and would get the rest of the info from his partner later. Very firmly, this closer told him to sit down, that he was giving a presentation and wasn't finished yet.

Guess what the guy did? He sat down! I damn near fell off my chair as I started rising up, getting ready for the guy to throw us the *** out.:laugh:

th

And the problem is... ? lol.
I didn't say I used beer to get sales! That was another guy! LOL!

Seriously, though, referral networking means getting into your clients' social circles, right? So, for a debit agent working deep in the inner city, church is absolutely the #1 best place to meet your client's friends and associates. The second best place is the hangout spot. I don't go to either unless the client asks me to. I don't act like a vulture and start passing out business cards to everybody I see. When they realize I'm the insurance man, they walk up and ask me for my card. I also don't write people up on the spot. I just get their contact info to set up a meet at their home. No 6 packs necessary. I've never been that desperate for a sale!

I consider the 6 pack as " breaking bread"!

At Combined Insurance they also suggested when a client offers you anything, take it. I don't think they were referring to drugs though.

After College in 1978 I sold Toyotas for 1 year and averaged 10 to 12 cars per month. I left Toyota and went to work for Combined Insurance. After 18 months I left Combined and went back to Toyota. Immediately I averaged 20 to 22 cars per month. People laugh at combined but they had an excellent training program. Some of the sharpest guys I know were managers back in the 70's. Yes some of them were pretty harsh in their sales tactics. They taught to give at least three rebuttals before accepting a no. That was a good thing.

Ironically, they also taught that people buy from those they like.

I consider the 6 pack as " breaking bread"!

At Combined Insurance they also suggested when a client offers you anything, take it. I don't think they were referring to drugs though.

After College in 1978 I sold Toyotas for 1 year and averaged 10 to 12 cars per month. I left Toyota and went to work for Combined Insurance. After 18 months I left Combined and went back to Toyota. Immediately I averaged 20 to 22 cars per month. People laugh at combined but they had an excellent training program. Some of the sharpest guys I know were managers back in the 70's. Yes some of them were pretty harsh in their sales tactics. They taught to give at least three rebuttals before accepting a no. That was a good thing.

Ironically, they also taught that people buy from those they like.
The great Zig Ziglar certainly credits his time at Combined for a good deal of his sales knowledge. "The Success System That Never Fails" by Combined founder W. Clement Stone is in most salespeople's top ten recommended books.

When they were still doing a lot of door to door renewal collections back in the '90's, I always knew (and hated!) when the Combined agents would show up in my debit neighborhoods. I had a hard time sometimes getting people to pay me their one month premium when the Combined guy had just collected a 6 month premium the day before! Hard to replace those policies, too! In those days we had similar products in our portfolio, but I didn't see them as a real benefit to my clients like I did their life insurance or property coverage. So, at least for supplemental health policies, the Combined guy, with his PMA and aggressive style, would sell circles around me!

When I was selling Toyotas a guy came in who needed a car right away because his Cadillac blew an engine. He was very high up with Combined. I couldn't get him the Cressida he wanted because of import restrictions and we didn't have any.. So he bought a used car and a day later called me up and asked if I would like to sell something that you will never run out of.

A week later I was memorizing their 10 minute sales pitch. I was in a class of 15 or so new agents. I will say this, to qualify all you had to do was fog a mirror! During smoke breaks we would go out and hang in the parking lot. You literally had to watch where you walked. There were puddles of oil and antifreeze everywhere. What a collection of old dilapidated, rusted out, worn out cars!

Then, when I tell them to get something for me, I word it in a way that builds urgency & allows me to keep the authority in the appointment (but is not rude or demanding). I won't show you my exact wording on here because 2 weeks later I'd see a YouTube video put up with someone ripping me off & not giving credit. ;) (You know who you are.)

When someone on here actually comes up with something new I will gladly pay them for it. It hasn't happened yet, so I very seriously doubt you have anything new either.

I've said it on here like a million times! (okay, not a million but a bunch!)......There is nothing new under the sun!

Seriously, though, referral networking means getting into your clients' social circles, right? So, for a debit agent working deep in the inner city, church is absolutely the #1 best place to meet your client's friends and associates. ... I don't go to either unless the client asks me to

Did a policy delivery this morning between door knocks. The husband works for his church, and he gave a little card inviting me to attend Sunday service. Guess where I'll be this Sunday?

It's raining here today. Hard. I hate door knocking in the rain, but I sold two so far, and after the week I had last week, I'm not going to let some water stop me. But I did stop home to change into dry clothes and have a hot cup of coffee for lunch. It sure is nice living so close to my clientelle ...

er ... uh ...

wait ... uhm .... I guess so ... ?

Back