Come To My Workplace ...

Do you ever get prospects asking to meet someplace other than their house?

I get that maybe their house is messy, maybe they don't ever have people over their houses or whatnot but do you find business deals happen in the homes? Would you meet prospects at their work or coffee shops?

I try to get them in the office, but if it's at their home - go for it. I've made more sales in homes than in the office. You actually build a lot more rapport imo in someones house. For example: I walked into a home with a Saints flag outside and being a Saints fan, half the convo was about football and its just personal on a different level. Not always, but things like that make the sale that much easier

I meet clients wherever they want. I don't have a commercial office so its easy, I go to them. Have 2 meetings in a coffee shop today.

Sometimes the skeptical don't want me coming to their house. I don't want them coming to my house, either, which is where my office is. So, we meet at a fast-food restaurant like McDonalds. Never had a complaint about that.

Someone should start a thread of the most odd place they've met a prospect or took an application. I'm sure that would be a quite interesting read.

A client gave me an address to meet him. I arrived and it was a nursing home. I then called to confirm the address. Yep, he was a patient.

So I go in and sell him a MOO GI policy, thinking that a sale is a sale. He managed to live the 2 years too! Still though, the only policy I've ever sold in a nursing home.

Back