Comey picked to keynote LIMRA 2018 Annual Conference

This is for those not keeping up Hillary's explanation of what wiping a server meant:

No surprise, she's married to this guy:

They really are perfectly matched.

This is obviously a play to get some attention for their conference or whatever you want to call it.. ..

however you guys in this thread sound like a bunch of little children ... stop crying.. Stop focusing on politics and go out and enjoy life!!

Will add that in addition to all the comments here, we've received 15+ direct responses to today's newsletter unanimously expressing outrage about this with many saying it would keep them from attending (whether or not they were considering or could attend in the first place). Thinking that sharing all this feedback could be productive I did make LIMRA aware of this thread.

The ones who speak the loudest are rarely the majority. I've spoken to multiple agents who identify as "conservative" and have zero issues with him as speaker. (they have more issue with having no insurance related speakers)

Based on the majority of comments on this thread, I doubt that LIMRA cares. Professional organizations want agents who act professional. They dont want political extremists who could care less about the actual subject at hand.

The 2 biggest naysayers on this thread are not even life agents and would never attend a LIMRA conference in the first place.

They dont want political extremists who could care less about the actual subject at hand.

The subject at had is integrity... and it is truly something we all struggle against each day that we meet our public... regardless of political branding.

If being an extremist includes demanding that a professional institution that would represent me and my industry be considerate of whom they may ask to take a platform that would represent the selfsame integrity that is demanded of me... then I am he.

Pity party for Hawk stuck with an industry organization the he doesn't agree with. How could they pick a speaker without consulting him?

Wasn't Colin Powell in W's admin?

Look up Colin Powell email scandal. Apparently Hillary wasn't the 1st. I can't post a link from my phone.

Pity party for Hawk stuck with an industry organization the he doesn't agree with. How could they pick a speaker without consulting him?

Wasn't Colin Powell in W's admin?

Look up Colin Powell email scandal. Apparently Hillary wasn't the 1st. I can't post a link from my phone.

Ducking personal attacks... who might you think would be a good speaker?

Not that I am not up for the "dust up"... just don't want the name... and believe that you live by example.

The subject at had is integrity... and it is truly something we all struggle against each day that we meet our public... regardless of political branding.

If being an extremist includes demanding that a professional institution that would represent me and my industry be considerate of whom they may ask to take a platform that would represent the selfsame integrity that is demanded of me... then I am he.

And that is your opinion. No facts, just opinion.

The facts, are that regardless of outcome, Comey has been placed in many different ethical conundrums in his professional career. In the academic world, that is called a case study. And it is something people are capable of learning from... if they are open to learning. You can learn from people you dont like, or whos actions you dont agree with.

You are angered by personal political opinions, and not open to viewing it in an objective manner that could be productive for your business.

You are acting and speaking out because of political grudges... the same people who hate Comey now, lauded his ethics back in Oct 2016. Turns out he actually does what he thinks is right... the horror! IMO, that is exactly what an agent should do in the field, ignore the bias and do what you think is the right thing at that time.

Back