Comey picked to keynote LIMRA 2018 Annual Conference

And that is your opinion. No facts, just opinion.

The facts, are that regardless of outcome, Comey has been placed in many different ethical conundrums in his professional career. In the academic world, that is called a case study. And it is something people are capable of learning from... if they are open to learning. You can learn from people you dont like, or whos actions you dont agree with.

You are angered by personal political opinions, and not open to viewing it in an objective manner that could be productive for your business.

You are acting and speaking out because of political grudges... the same people who hate Comey now, lauded his ethics back in Oct 2016. Turns out he actually does what he thinks is right... the horror. IMO, that is exactly what an agent should do in the field, ignore the bias and do what you think is the right thing at that time.

Hmm... very interesting...

Was wondering who you might suggest as a speaker?

Ducking personal attacks... who might you think would be a good speaker?

Not that I am not up for the "dust up"... just don't want the name... and believe that you live by example.

I happen to think that "government" goes after people that expose it's wrong doings. If I witness a crime say a robbery and report it, I'm likely to receive accolades or perhaps even a reward. Report the same crime on the government and expect to spend all of your assets defending yourself in court. All you need to do to confirm is look up what happens to whistle blowers. Snowden is still holed up in Russia, others have received jail sentences all for reporting on the government.

Comey has one view point that isn't flattering to the current thieves in the WH.

Hmm... very interesting...

Was wondering who you might suggest as a speaker?

Since neither keynote speaker is from the insurance or financial industry. I would choose someone from our industry. I feel that an industry conference should actually have someone from that industry as a speaker.

But I do not discount the value that speakers from other industries can provide. Even ones who I may not agree with or personally like. Sometimes our thoughts and values being challenged can create the most profound realizations. (it doesnt necessarily mean you agree with the person when that happens)

Last edited:
Reckon the people who hired Comey for LIMRA are the same people who hired Michelle Wolf for the White House Correspondents’ Dinner. Just saying it looks like the same logic in both choices and I would not be shocked at similar results.

On a semi-related note, NAILBA just announced that former college football coach Lou Holtz will be the opening keynote for NAILBA 37 Nov. 1 in Orlando. From the announcement:

During the Opening General Session, which will be supported by a generous sponsorship from Symetra, Holtz will deliver, "Game Plan for Success," a message that transcends athletics. It resonates—even to those who aren't sports-minded. The focus is on people and the values that make relationships (and organizations) excel...

...NAILBA 2018 Chairman Jeffrey Mooers praised Holtz's career saying, "Our membership and our industry are facing great challenges now, and Lou Holtz's experience with turning challenges into opportunities for success will bring exactly the energy we need to the refreshed NAILBA Annual Meeting."

Dan LaBert, NAILBA CEO, concurs. "Lou's message reaches the very heart of what makes independent brokerage so essential to the life insurance space: relationships and values. We're delighted he will be joining us to help our community focus on our new Annual Meeting."

On a semi-related note, NAILBA just announced that former college football coach Lou Holtz will be the opening keynote for NAILBA 37 Nov. 1 in Orlando. From the announcement:

During the Opening General Session, which will be supported by a generous sponsorship from Symetra, Holtz will deliver, "Game Plan for Success," a message that transcends athletics. It resonates—even to those who aren't sports-minded. The focus is on people and the values that make relationships (and organizations) excel...

...NAILBA 2018 Chairman Jeffrey Mooers praised Holtz's career saying, "Our membership and our industry are facing great challenges now, and Lou Holtz's experience with turning challenges into opportunities for success will bring exactly the energy we need to the refreshed NAILBA Annual Meeting."

Dan LaBert, NAILBA CEO, concurs. "Lou's message reaches the very heart of what makes independent brokerage so essential to the life insurance space: relationships and values. We're delighted he will be joining us to help our community focus on our new Annual Meeting."

Holtz is a very inspiring, motivating speaker well worth hearing.

Perhaps they should also ask him to teach ethics classes as well. I have to take my in class credits this year...

Is this a joke or what?... because he sure has become one very quickly!:skeptical:
I was listening to a local sports talk show today, and one of the hosts owns a P&C agency. I don't know if it's true, but he said that Rod Blagojevich is responsible for us to have to do the ethics class to renew our insurance license. :twitchy:

I guess that would be in the same class as Comey talking about ethics. :rolleyes:

I was listening to a local sports talk show today, and one of the hosts owns a P&C agency. I don't know if it's true, but he said that Rod Blagojevich is responsible for us to have to do the ethics class to renew our insurance license. :twitchy:

I guess that would be in the same class as Comey talking about ethics. :rolleyes:

Yeah... in a

Yeah, our ethics classes will be held in Joliet, in the school with many doors but no windows. Our school uniform will be an orange jump suit, and our mascot will be the "Illinois Jail Birds". :v_SPIN:

...And it will contribute to making us honest as many of former governors!:fibs:

Gotta love politicians... they always think they can solve any issue with more of your money... or sending your butt off for more education. :skeptical:

Back