Commission Chargebacks - What Should I Do?

And I’ve looked up a few cases. Courts will generally rule in favor of the agent in situations like this. For the reason that they have no bargaining power when it comes to the contract. So, if anyone wants to go that far into a legal defense. Just a heads up

You realize some of us have been doing this a couple of years. Also you also not the first agent that woked for a _presidential_ company. (just a guess).

images

And I’ve looked up a few cases. Courts will generally rule in favor of the agent in situations like this. For the reason that they have no bargaining power when it comes to the contract. So, if anyone wants to go that far into a legal defense. Just a heads up

Deep pockets, continuations, motions, and contested judgments... you might want to reconsider. Sounds great at first, but are you willing for a lawyer to cross examine your selling practices or have business judgments called into question.

I don't know how much of a charge back you are talking about, but Ins. companies have their own lawyers and you won't be their first rodeo.

I’m sure you do VolAgent. And

I’m sorry, I know that seems to be the question people keep wanting to know. But I’d rather not say the company. Just for privacy reasons. As much as I would like to drag them through the mud. I’m not going to say. However, what they did was they did not give me any indication that advance commissions would be charged back to me after the termination of my contract. None what-so-ever. I was under the impression that the money I made was my money. Did I sign something that stated this ? Sure. But the company I worked for didn’t even give me a chance to read the contract. They rushed me when signing. Is that an excuse on my part? No. However, I also had absolutely no bargaining power when it came to negotiating a contract, even if I did know about it. They have all the power. And, I was desperate for some kind of work. I needed money, just like anybody else. And I was tricked by the facade. I was tricked by the promises of a lot of money. I worked my butt off. And now I’m being demanded money back, that I was under the impression was my own money. I just think the entire thing was so wrong on their part. Maybe not the larger aspect of the company, but the people at my specific branch. If that makes me stupid, if that makes me an *** so be it. But I’m still taking the legal steps as necessary.

at least you know it does make you stupid and an *** lol

Oh, thank you “Thedude” (interesting choice of username). Thank you for your opinion. I’ll be sure to always remember that one. Good luck to ya
you did a dumb thing but that doesn't mean you are actually dumb.If you don't learn from it then ya you are dumb lol I do dumb stuff all the time and i'm pretty smart....or at least my IQ is high if that matters which i believe it doesn't

If you're not going to name the company, which would help us to help you, and you're not going to be doing insurance as a career....why are you here? Not that you're not welcome, but you don't seem to have a reason to be here unless you're just bored.

Back