Common Telemarketing Objections for Med Supps

Med Supp sales by phone are not only possible, but real! Once I got the right training and learned what to say and used a little bit of technology, my sales by phone selling med supps have tripled. It's amazing the number of seniors who use computers and email daily. I have used the screen sharing technology and camera with great success. I learned everything I needed to know to sell Medicare Supplements by phone, and also keep up to date on the Medicare market, from MedicareAgentTraining. I have even hired a telemarketer to help me with the calls, and it's all working well for me.

I know there is a guy on here that says he does it all the time, like it's normal or something, but I personally think he's full of crap!

Why do you think he's full of crap? I know this isn't quite the same, but virtually every Med Supp I sell is over the phone.

As for screen sharing, back in October, November and part of December, I used GoTo Meeting for every single on-exchange health app I wrote. I would have the client log in and view everything we did. Many times I'd give them control and let them fill in their info.

I think the reason writing business over the phone, online and with something like GoTo Meeting is easy (at least for me) is because I rarely give them an option for anything else. Kind of an assumed close approach, but with the actual application process. I have no idea how Chris approaches writing business, but I have no doubts that he and many other agents can use "screen share" technology to sell insurance. 15 years ago I couldn't have imagined selling insurance without ever seeing the client. Now it's the way I sell the majority of my business.

Why do you think he's full of crap?

oldvsnew.jpg

head-sand.jpg

----------

Why do you think he's full of crap? I know this isn't quite the same, but virtually every Med Supp I sell is over the phone.

As for screen sharing, back in October, November and part of December, I used GoTo Meeting for every single on-exchange health app I wrote. I would have the client log in and view everything we did. Many times I'd give them control and let them fill in their info.

I have no idea how Chris approaches writing business, but I have no doubts that he and many other agents can use "screen share" technology to sell insurance.

Same, exact way you're using it.

I have used a screenshare for few years when possible. It is extemely easy to use different free software to email the potential clint a link. When they click the link from your email they have immediate access to your screen and you can present them many different documents to break down the barriers of selling over the phone.

Seniors turning 65 in 2015 will have been born in 1950. My mother was born in 1943 and is more than capibale of viewing an online presentation to help her make a very important buying decision.

Dunc

I think the reason writing business over the phone, online and with something like GoTo Meeting is easy (at least for me) is because I rarely give them an option for anything else. Kind of an assumed close approach, but with the actual application process. I have no idea how Chris approaches writing business, but I have no doubts that he and many other agents can use "screen share" technology to sell insurance. 15 years ago I couldn't have imagined selling insurance without ever seeing the client. Now it's the way I sell the majority of my business.

I'm not saying that med supps can't be sold over the phone. I've sold plenty like that over the years. It's the screensharing part that I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure that most seniors won't have a particular screenshare program already downloaded to their computer. That means they would have to go and download one just to do this. I just can't see that happening that much.

Now on the other hand, if there is nothing to download I can see it working much better! I just remember someone mentioning a while back that the client had to d/l the program. Did I misunderstand this?

I'm not saying that med supps can't be sold over the phone. I've sold plenty like that over the years. It's the screensharing part that I'm talking about. I'm pretty sure that most seniors won't have a particular screenshare program already downloaded to their computer. That means they would have to go and download one just to do this. I just can't see that happening that much.

Now on the other hand, if there is nothing to download I can see it working much better! I just remember someone mentioning a while back that the client had to d/l the program. Did I misunderstand this?

Ok, allow me to demonstrate how we've been doing it successfully since 2008:

Technology is always changing, ie. getting easier.
Seniors absolutely LOVE this experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back