Completing a medicare enrollment for someone online remotely

ValeRosso

Guru
Has anyone done this on the SSA website, and clicked “I am helping someone who is not with me and cannot sign at this time”? If so, what happens when you complete the application? Do they send the enrollee something to physically sign? Ive never done this part remotely but I have someone who is 5 miles away and dont want to drive out to see them in person. Just like to know what is involved with this approach if we do it online remotely.

Thanks!

Has anyone done this on the SSA website, and clicked “I am helping someone who is not with me and cannot sign at this time”? If so, what happens when you complete the application? Do they send the enrollee something to physically sign? Ive never done this part remotely but I have someone who is 5 miles away and dont want to drive out to see them in person. Just like to know what is involved with this approach if we do it online remotely.

Thanks!
If you call Social Security at the national not local number they could most likely answer that for you. I believe they send a form. Too bad the people can't come to you.

Thanks!

Seems to me the easiest approach to this is to just drive that 5 little miles and get it done.

Thanks!

Does the MA carrier offer a Voice Signature option? I know that United and Humana both offer those. Sunfire also allows it on a recorded line.

Glad you clarified, I was thinking "whoa what a laze...." :D

so howd it work out for ya?

I almost did this myself, but chose against it.

LOL Id be thinking the same thing. I found out the only difference is it will ask you for your information if you choose "Im helping someone", and there are no extra steps involved, so we got it taken care of.

LOL Id be thinking the same thing. I found out the only difference is it will ask you for your information if you choose "Im helping someone", and there are no extra steps involved, so we got it taken care of.
So the app just went through without SSA mailing a form for the applicant to sign? Good to know for future.

Back