Completing a medicare enrollment for someone online remotely

I do this all the time over the phone with people in their first week of the IEP. Just make sure they have a login to SSA prior to the call, because that one is a PITA to set up.

Start at SSA.gov. DO NOT LOG IN. Scroll down, click on "Apply for Medicare" and go from there. Eventually, you get to the login page. THEN you have them log in and go. Takes less than 15 minutes.

TIP: Answer "no" on group coverage. It asks 15 more questions, none of which apply during the IEP.

If they are outside of the IEP, I have them do paper for Part B and the SEP form, then drop at the local SSA office.

TIP #2: If its a couple doing paper, have them put the forms in separate envelopes, one for the husband, one for the wife.

I do this all the time over the phone with people in their first week of the IEP. Just make sure they have a login to SSA prior to the call, because that one is a PITA to set up.

Start at SSA.gov. DO NOT LOG IN. Scroll down, click on "Apply for Medicare" and go from there. Eventually, you get to the login page. THEN you have them log in and go. Takes less than 15 minutes.

TIP: Answer "no" on group coverage. It asks 15 more questions, none of which apply during the IEP.

If they are outside of the IEP, I have them do paper for Part B and the SEP form, then drop at the local SSA office.

TIP #2: If its a couple doing paper, have them put the forms in separate envelopes, one for the husband, one for the wife.

Good tips. If I could just get people to create a SSA account without my help…I really should do a write up with screenshots one of these days. Maybe I’ll pay my nephew to do it.

Just sat with a client to be and went through the app. At the end after it says "submit" there is an offer to print the app copy which opens up a new tab in the browser.
VERY important not to ignore the lower left of the original browser tab where there is a blue button marked:
DONE. if not clicked the app won't be submitted. So maybe click DONE prior to printing the app, whatever works, just make sure that happens.

Back