Contacatability is awful

Why would they be so difficult to generate? They say they have 35 websites that generate leads (which is obviously a lie).

Consumer interest. The vast majority of people do not have to have life insurance like home or auto or even health. So the consumer is a completely different animal. A lot won't give good contact info and a lot more lack any real intent, they are just curious. Combine the two and it leads to much lower quality compared to home and auto or even health.

Again, I'm not speaking to Contactability specifically, just in general.

They are difficult cause most people who look for life insurance are "Tire-kickers". I have found that I can ask for managed money a lot easier than Life Insurance, people just do not want to think of that "negative" thing.

You guys are missing the point here. The point is not whether internet leads are good or tough to generate. It's that this company, Contactability, claims to give you real leads but they are garbage. I want people to know they should NOT do business with them.

Life leads are without a doubt one of the most difficult internet leads to generate and have any quality.

I can't comment to Contactability, but even when done legitimately, they are difficult.

Agreed.

I'm apart of the camp that believes life insurance is something that has to be sold. People simply aren't browsing the internet or going on any digital channel looking for life insurance.

Life insurance was, in my opinion, one of the best purchases I've ever made. I did not know this (or really anything about this) prior to sitting down with my agent and going over my options. I'd imagine it is the same for the vast majority of Americans.

On another note, we have a ton of people calling us for help generating life leads and 99/100 we're going to turn them away. We simply can't make promises for life leads.
In order to take someone on as a client, we'd have to have a clear understanding of the aforementioned sentiments around life leads.

You guys are missing the point here. The point is not whether internet leads are good or tough to generate. It's that this company, Contactability, claims to give you real leads but they are garbage. I want people to know they should NOT do business with them.

outrageous.

this is why every insurance agency should have their own mechanisms (in-house) to generate leads.

They are difficult cause most people who look for life insurance are "Tire-kickers". I have found that I can ask for managed money a lot easier than Life Insurance, people just do not want to think of that "negative" thing.

Wouldn't the same reasoning apply to ALL life leads, regardless of how they were generated?

Last edited:

When you say "they are garbage", you mean the "leads" are not responsive or the data is invalid (like wrong numbers)? Do they even show you what kind of questions those "leads" supposedly answered? Or are they just names with phone numbers and emails?

The reason I'm asking is that some companies use ads that don't make it clear what is actually expected of people answering those ads. This is very common for most verticals. No wonder why agents call on the leads that have no idea what's going on... :-)

Back