Continental Life

medsuptage

Guru
100+ Post Club
I posted about these guys a few months back, but their underwriting is getting worse...

Honestly Cont life is my favorite company for literally everything, but speed. I don't think it's possible for them to be any slower.
I have cases "in good order" with PI complete pending from Nov 8th, received in underwriting. Apparently, they are still working on 12/01 effective date-as of today.

They haven't and don't plan to hire new underwriters from what they've told me.

Now I'm concerned that my cases from the middle-end of Nov won't get approved by 1/1. :twitchy:

Anyone else in this boat?

I would be more worried about future rate increases.

You can't pay full comp on everything and have a low rate.

I am afraid the rate increases will make MOO's look like chump change.

Called today and they are working on November 8th applications so maybe yours will get done by Monday. I sent some GI business on November 15th and still nothing done. I am also worried about getting some of these cases issued by 1/1/13. If replacing other Med Sups I have been allowing at least 2 months for Underwriting.

Called today and they are working on November 8th applications so maybe yours will get done by Monday. I sent some GI business on November 15th and still nothing done. I am also worried about getting some of these cases issued by 1/1/13. If replacing other Med Sups I have been allowing at least 2 months for Underwriting.

I have done the same but I think I should go 3 months now the way it's going with them.

Okay, you keep worrying, I'll keep producing.

I've been trying to shoot for 1.5 months at a minimum for fully underwritten and it's not been cutting it, for aep. GI and O.E they used to pump out in a week or less before AEP, now it's taking 3+ weeks for GI/O.E. I moved a lot of my Dec 1 Fully U cases to Jan 1, because they weren't approved in time.

I have quite a bit of O.E and GI business from the 19th-End of November, and 1 Fully U in that time period shooting for Jan 1. The Jan 1 Fully U, I probably goofed on.

Good luck either way. Sounds like we could both use it.

I have done the same but I think I should go 3 months now the way it's going with them.

Cont life seems to be one of the only carriers that will actually let you write an app 90 days in advance. Rightfully so too, because their they only carrier that takes longer then 2 weeks to underwrite an app.

You and I are of the same belief.

They lowered rates in GA by 28% to put them near the bottom of the market. Their most competitive rates are at age 80 and up.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know this party won't last.

The folks that jumped on this wagon are probably some of the same ones that loaded up on the plan N give away with MOO & Gerber. Remind me, how did that work out?

Cont life seems to be one of the only carriers that will actually let you write an app 90 days in advance. Rightfully so too, because their they only carrier that takes longer then 2 weeks to underwrite an app.

I'm pretty sure they all let you write up to 3 month out.

You and I are of the same belief.

They lowered rates in GA by 28% to put them near the bottom of the market. Their most competitive rates are at age 80 and up.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know this party won't last.

The folks that jumped on this wagon are probably some of the same ones that loaded up on the plan N give away with MOO & Gerber. Remind me, how did that work out?

Cont life has not had anything thing close to a track record like MOO. Cont life doesn't flip books of business, also the MOO deal is something completely different and not even comparable. Blatantly offering GI Plans just for the heck of it is is not even remotely close to lowing premiums to try to gain market share. Cont life's underwriting is actually quite strict. It's not fair at all to try to compare them to MOO.

I'm pretty sure they all let you write up to 3 month out.

Hmm, you're right :D. Central States seems to be the only company that will only take them 60 days out.

Not Sure why I thought that.

That is unacceptable. Too slow. Can't trust someone that slow.

Back